• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg Preferred Account?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The newegg preferred is nice, however I like to use the Bill me later account which has a 5% cashback option. Ive been using that lately anytime I buy something from the egg. I can pay it off, but its always nice to get that extra discount and 6 months of no interest if I dont feel like paying it entirely right away.

is there ability to pay the balence online and if so is it through new eggs site or is it through the financial backers site?

edit:
interesting that established credt history a good credit score and a stable job with ample annual income isnt grounds for approval. make me wonder if somethings happened recently.

oh well i guess new egg misses out on fulfilling my mobo order since its $40 cheaper else where

Last edited:
Newegg and Mint.com never have worked well together. Maybe someday they'll get it cleared up.

I recently got off the phone with Newegg PA services and they told me they don't report to the normal credit agencies either. So, if you are looking to help your credit, this card will not help much.

Oh, they will report if you go to collections.

I read "Store" credit cards are generally considered low quality anyway. Unless of course....you don't pay them. ;)

I have one but i only use it when i really need or want something and i dont have enough cash. Intrest is like 29.9% if you spend under $250.
I only have a $4000 limit.So Its tempting to go hog wild sometimes.Like id love to get a couple of Evga GTX580's and a
Evga Classified and a 980X Gulftown..lol

Last edited:
I use Buy it now, same concept only I can use it at thousands of stores.
P.S tons of the stores (which people really use) offer no interest 6 months.
Everystore (even when not offered) gives me a 90 no interest/no payment

Interest rate is 29.99% but who pays interest?

How does it work with the account, if I decide to buy something else on it. Does that new item have a 'reset' of 12 months, while the other older purchase still has the clock counting on it for 4 months left?

Or will the interest start kicking in on the new item in 4 months like the old purchase?

guys...it's really simple. It's just like 99% of all the other credit lines / credit cards out there.
BillMeLater works the exact same way, in fact they are the same company.

All transactions are treated individually.
A single order > $250 gets 0% interest for 6 months
A single order > $500 gets 0% interest for 12 months

If you buy a TV today for $1500, you pay zero interest on said purchase as long as it is paid off on/before 12/31/2011.

If you then buy a video card for $350 on January 15th, you pay zero interest on said purchase as long as it is paid off on/before 7/31/2011.

On 8/1/2011, if you didn't pay off the video card, well you just got hit with the differed interest over the last 6 months, and will now pay monthly interest charges on it. The original $1500 purchase is not effected until it expires months later.

When you make a payment, you can tell them to apply it to a specific purchase, rather than spreading it across multiples (default).
So in short, just plan accordingly and pay off the items before they expire, paying interest on these accounts is a poor decision.

Its fine and as long as you are responsible its good to get no interest for x months. I have had mine for years and I use it from time to time. Also helps when I need to build a PC for a client as I can pay for it up front.

Back