• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nf7-s Bsod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pedro69

Registered
Hi all

I just finished my new rig, and oc'ed it to 200*11.5 [vcore 1.8, vdimm2.7 Timing memory 11-3-3-2.5] The systm seems to be stable but when I play BF1942 after 1 minute I get a BSOD saying something about the Kmixer.sys produced an error.

Anybody as an Idea?

I have a 2600+ too, your part of a small family of 2600 users to actually reach a 200 fsb. Well, first off, I'm betting that your voltage is too low. I had mine a 1.875 when I reached a 200 and I maxed out at 203 ( my ram is most likely at fault ) Just give it a little more voltage, and then run the blend test in Prime95 for about six hours to test for stability. Make sure that your temps stay below 55°C and you should be good. I took my voltage up to 2V to see if it was my cpu, and nothing happened. Good Luck.

Tebore said:
That seem to be related to a sound driver. Try reinstalling the sound driver and sinking the SB.

That is what I am thinking too, was surfing the web and most I found was Sound related, I noticed that the Music jumps for a Minute when I get into the server.

What do you mean with sinking SB??

Put a heatsinck on the south bridge... sometimes when you overclock on the NF7-S it makes the south bridge get hott and your music and pop and stuff, so putting a heatsinck on it to cool it down would be a good idea.

I just lower the multi to 11 and it seems to work for now. I was able to play 2 Gamesets. Anyway Heat will be a factor I have to work on. My room temperature right now is 95 degrees and my CPU temp 117 degrees. I will try to get some better Case Fans as soon as possible.

Back