• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nforce2 Board and Video Card Problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I really think I'm going to have to do that, I really didn't think about they my be setup to not work with each other...

Can you describe what you mean by not compatible? What is it about your situation that makes you say this? Give as many relavant details as possible. It will make the solution easier to find. :)

yes more details, almost all reviews of nforce2 boards are done with the radeon 9700, so if it doesn't work I'd RMA it (the mobo that is)

my setup...LeadTek K7NCR18D-Pro, XP2000 Chip, 256 stick of DDR333, ATI Radeon 7500...those are my specs...only thing I know what to do is buy an Nivida card...

The message I get is something like this..."Windows was shutdown due to a compatiablilty issue..."ATI Radeon card" is the cause of this issue" that is something like that

how long have this been going on? first time after installed? or just out of the blue, if it's the latter uninstall and reinstall your driver (find a different driver)

Sounds like your operating system needs to be re-done. Reinstall everything and keep everything in the bios set to defualts. Avoid any turbo features/ high speed features in the bios and keep everything at default.

OC-Master

I did all of the above...Reformat, clean install, everything worked perfect...on 1st boot up...XP gave the error and pointed at the card...I did everything over again...another format, clean install, and XP gave the same error a second time...So I said what the hell try it again...and same results...I beleive its just the card...

I've been wanting to get another card any way but didn't have a reason to so I guess this is my reason.

Back