• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No More Heroes footage makes me tingle in my bathing suit area - Now with more gore!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
No More Heroes footage makes me tingle in my bathing suit area - Now with more gore!

http://www.destructoid.com/tgs-2007...dreams-of-a-laser-crotch-to-life--46159.phtml

It is absolutely no secret that No More Heroes is the center of many of my fantasies. Fantasies involving mysterious women with questionable fashion sense and shakable beam-katanas. Of schoolgirl assassins and guys with laser-shooting codpieces. Some days while I'm alone at work my mind tends to wander a bit . . .

. . . Where was I?

Oh, right. I've been following the progress of No More Heroes ever since the first CGI trailer appeared on the interwebtubenets, bringing with it slick guitar riffs and promise of a Wiimote Lightsabre. Suda Goichi and Grasshopper Manufacture have been kinda quiet on the subject. Releasing various artistic works, character bios and small videos via the official site. A gameplay video here or there showing early builds of the game lacking polish but still looking quite stylish and awesome.

The video linked above shows an almost complete build of the game that was displayed at TGS this year, and I must say that it just keeps looking more awesome.

'But Oni!' You say with the warbling cry of a hungry, angry baby. 'Suda promised blood sprinklers! Where is my gore!?' Patience, young forumites! Suda has not forgotten his promise to us, the North American gaming public, and has stated that he will make sure the game is just as bloody as the ESRB can handle it. They've toned down the gore factor for the Japanese audience for some reason (maybe they think video game blood is icky?), but North Americans should expect blood and by the gallon (or litre, for us Canadians ;)).

Also of note is the fact that Ubisoft has picked up the game for North American distribution in the stead of Marvelous Interactive. With a little luck we'll have it before Christmas, and we can spend the jolliest time of the year cruising through Santa Destroy on a bike that looks like it drove right off of the Akira Special Edition DVD.

I'm incredibly excited for this game. I'll be one of those losers you see waiting in line reading a crummy shoujo manga and listening to horrible J-Pop outside of the FutureShop in St. Catharines. Come down and say hello!

Protip: Yes, Rainless, we already know.
Protip: Yes, Fudge, we know your Wii collects dust and only your wife plays it.

Umm... Oil minigame. What kinda peripheral do you think Nintendo has for that? I don't know what it would be but I'd buy it.

http://www.destructoid.com/two-new-no-more-heroes-clips-sponsored-by-tampax-pearl--57170.phtml

A new North American gameplay clip has surfaced, which includes blood-sprinklers, decapitation, cutting people in half, powerbombing, pile-drivers, and so much more. Also, the game's intro has surfaced, and looks all kinds of awesome.

This cannot come here fast enough!

yay blood sprinklers. i want this game on import. in 9 days.

whens it coming to ntscu wii and pal wii?

Back