• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No more unlocking for XP's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Greg M

I just received my new XP 1800+. When I examine the bridges, the pits aren't between the contacts, they've actually blown away one side of the contacts. If you fill, there's no way to complete the circuit!

Don't have a camera that can get that close.

Imagine the previously pictured pits inbetween the bridges being where the lower contact points are.

I think i get what ur saying... taht sux big time.

Just imagine it as the machine which burns the pits was a millemeter off... and removed the contacts instead.

There was an article on the frontpage about problems like that. I can't find it right now. They did show how to unlock it. Email JoeC about it & he should point you in the right direction.

The AGOIA Y I just unlocked had slits (not pits) cut out but the slits were way over on one side a little off center...I could see the pits cut out centered on the same line removing those contacts on one side.

They are the same way on the L5 and L11 bridges, so it's not like the laser was just a bit low. Either the gear was off on both x and y axis, or it was intentional.

Back