• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Sound Windows 8.1x64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boomer0909

Hola amigos,

So I came home last night to a computer that had no sound. Wife says she didn't mess with anything. I did everything I could think of from Realtek drivers to plugging in different speakers/headsets. When I go to the playback devices I have the Speakers also Realtek Digital Audio and a bunch of BenQ AMD HDMI High Definition Audio Devices. I disabled all the monitor options and set speakers as default.

I started playing music through pandora, windows media center etc and the mixer shows sound being received (green bars going up and down) on both the application and speaker icon. Is there anything I am missing? I know my headset works and is being powered because when I plug the USB cable to the port and the headphone jack to my phone i am able to hear sound normally. I really just don't have a clue what could be going on. Any tips/help would be appreciated as always.

Boomer

Is the Realtek set as the default output? I have seen several times that an updated video driver will turn your default output to HDMI.

Right click on the speaker and pick Playback Devices:
2014-10-10 13_29_18-.jpg

Then make sure your correct output is set as default:
2014-10-10 13_29_34-Sound.jpg

Back