• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No update this week.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I have a family emergency that will take me away from the update this week. Everyone is well and alive but things require my attention and my attention they shall get. Post your milestones, your goals and you future folding plans and lets get conversations started. ;)

Last edited:
Big cheers (and drinks!) to Whitehawk and Orion, those are huge milestones! I love to see anything with a big B!

In personal news, my main production machine went down at some point yesterday.

nvidia-smi wasn't reporting any processes but it did see cards. Futzing about and some reboots later, smi could no longer communicate with the driver.

It never ceases to amaze me how driver drift can happen on a ubuntu box that has no GUI and where there is no automatic updating. I wish it was less like extracting fingernails to run f@h with passthrough on a hypervisor, because being able to have a ready-to-deploy image of this OS that I can fix in 3 minutes and time for a redeploy and reboot would give me a lot of piece of mind. Doing this every ~3 months is for the birds.

My complaining aside, once I figured out what the actual problem was, I blew Nvidia* away and reinstalled 535, -server-utils, and even had to reinstall openCL for everything to be happy again. Should be back up to 100% by this evening.

Thank you all for the updates. WhitehawkEQ also has another big milestone. Not sure if he posted it (I think he did) but I will be posting in this weeks update. Stay tuned......

Last edited:
Back