• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tbirdwondering

Registered
My pc is really really noisey and I only have a coolermaster HSF! If I stop the HSF fan, it's quiet. Are the HSF fans supposed to be noisey? I don't think there's anything wrong with it, just the noise of air.

PS: Would an 80mm fan mounted onside of case blowing into processor cool it any more and would it make a lot more noise?

If you think thats noisy, you should here my FOP 38, lol. Its not that noisy and it keeps my T-bird mighty cool.

Fans and airflow

tbirdwondering (Feb 05, 2001 06:44 a.m.):
My pc is really really noisey and I only have a coolermaster HSF! If I stop the HSF fan, it's quiet. Are the HSF fans supposed to be noisey? I don't think there's anything wrong with it, just the noise of air.

PS: Would an 80mm fan mounted onside of case blowing into processor cool it any more and would it make a lot more noise?

Normaly, no, they aren't supposed to be noisy, but that's just a matter of taste. Before I can really help you, please tell me WHAT kind of coolermaster fan you have. It could be a sleeve bearing fan, they make more noise than ballbearing (go for it).

About the 80mm fan: most important thing is that you duct as much as possible air THROUGHT your case, intake low/frontside, exhause higher, backside. Blowing right onto the proc. might not give you the desired result, and requires case modification. In most cases some extra holes are drilled in front and backside.

Back