• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not Enough Power?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TommyDee291

Hi, After going through many overclocking problems and with the help of this forum. I got alot of my problems fixed. After having some suggestions on how to achieve my goal of 2.4 ghz on an Intel Pentium 4 1.8a on an ASUS P4S533 m/b, I decided to give it a try. I increased the ram voltage and cpu voltage among many other things. After overclocking to 2.4 ghz, my system wouldn't Post. After ruling out my CPU, M/B, RAM, and Video card. I believe I cannot post at my overclocked speed because of my power supply. My PSU, is an Allied 350 watt. I have many components in my system. 4 harddrives, 2 optical drives, 1 case fan, 1 HDD fan, Soundblaster Live card, a PCI Ide controller, and a All In Wonder Radeon 7500. Does anybody know if my power supply is the cause of not being able to post? Do you think a 400 watt power supply would allow me to post?

i think it's a definite possiblity....allied's are not very good ps's...did you try removing all components except the ram and cpu and video card?

also...you can get a great 350 watt power supply (that is actually a 454 watt supply) from fortron /sparkle for 32-48 bucks depending on whether you get the 80mm or 120mm fan version...

see my sig on what the 350 fortron can do

No I haven't tried removing anything and booting. Do you think its worth it? I mean, I don't want to buy a new power supply and it not being the issue. Although it probably is.

No I haven't tried removing anything and booting. Do you think its worth it? I mean, I don't want to buy a new power supply and it not being the issue. Although it probably is.

i've heard of deer/allied units catching fire....

Well guys, I would like to thank you all for helping me. I figured out my problem to be my Power Supply in overclocking. I removed all but 1 of my hdd's and case fan and my computer booted fine at 2.4 ghz. Thanks again.

I am not quite sure yet. Also, I am in school right now so I can't get specific. But I was looking at a ThermalTake PSU that is also quiet. I was also looking at an Allied and Enermax ones that around between 400 and 450 watts. Sound good?

Back