• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Kepler GTX700 (600?) series info here ->

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyways, a long wait for me for a mid range Kepler.

GTS 250> GTS 450> GTX 550Ti> midy Kepler.

and is it true that prices of GTX 560 and 560Ti can come down in February?.

That cannot be confirmed until an official nvidia press release is made, or the price cut happens. I would strongly believe that when Kepler releases around April, the GTX500 series will lower in price a notch. When the midrange kepler hits the shelves in June, then the GTX500 series should lower in price considerably.

Who knows exactly. In the past it is quite common, after some point, for previous generation card prices to drop. I dont expect that to change. When or how much, like diaz already said, only time will tell.

I cleaned the recent mess up. I can't be any more clear than this: if you troll repetitively, you will get a vacation from the forums. One person's grace period is up, with the next troll post leading to a vacation. Don't let yourself be the next. With every troll I have to clean up, the patience meter gets lower and lower.

XFX's Radeon 7950 attack on nVidia...

They might as well celebrate until Kepler wipes their smiles away... :D

That means February price cut is impossible?. GPU's in question 560, 560Ti, 570 and 580.

Looks like NCIX is already dropping their prices, up $82 off with MIB on EVGA branded 580. Puts its in at $450 CDN, pretty sweet deal.:D

Could be due to 7970 and 7950 pricing, though.

580's have been seen as low as $420 weeks ago actually. Until they start dropping below that point, I wont consider any price drop due to the new release. $450 or so is still a good price IMO for the 2nd fastest single GPU card out... Lets see what happens when 7950 hits the shelves.

I haven't ever noticed a 580 below $500, maybe an odd sale with a mail in rebate, but never a retail price below $500, this is in Canada mind you.

$450 is a good price for the second fastest GPU on the market. However, I do agree that it's not worth the upgrade with next gens just around the corner, unless you're getting a second card to SLI.

There are a couple out there in the US for less, I see one at newegg.ca (without MIR) for $470. But normally they float around $500 in CA, and a bit less in the US. Its quite common here to see pricing for the 580 under $500. No clue about other countries.

Interesting, found this after reading that TomsHardware heard rumours of a february release in another thread here;

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvidia-Kepler-GTX680-GPU-geforce,14499.html

In a move to address AMD's Radeon HD 7970's performance, Nvidia looks to have pushed its scheduled release of the GTX 680 to February over from the previously planned March/April to go along with Ivy Bridge's release.

A rumor from Chinese forums Chiphell suggests that Nvidia has pushed up the release of the GeForce GTX 680 to February, over previous planned March/April time frame. The source says the GTX 680 should be competitive in performance with the HD 7970. The GTX 680 will have a clock speed of 780 MHz, which is similar to the GTX 580. It will come with 2 GB of memory. It is suggested that the card with have a 512-bit memory bus but this has neither been confirmed nor are there much details of the final specifications for the GTX 680.

Based on the leaked information, the card doesn't look like it will be Nvidia's fastest next-generation GeForce Kepler chip. It sounds more like the GK107 chip with a 128-bit memory bus previously discussed in December. Hopefully Nvidia isn't rushing its next generation GPU to the market, as this writer remembers the GTX 280 release. That card didn't shake some of its noise and heat concerns until the GTX 285.

Interesting stuff. I just got my second 570 a few months ago though so I am not upgrading anytime soon.

But the GTX 785 looks... intriguing. Is that also going to be a dual-GPU card like the 790? It smokes the 780 and only trails the 790 by a bit... I wonder if it's like the 785 is based off of two 770 cores and the 790 is two 780 cores...? If they are both dual-GPU, that is.

Interesting stuff. I just got my second 570 a few months ago though so I am not upgrading anytime soon.

But the GTX 785 looks... intriguing. Is that also going to be a dual-GPU card like the 790? It smokes the 780 and only trails the 790 by a bit... I wonder if it's like the 785 is based off of two 770 cores and the 790 is two 780 cores...? If they are both dual-GPU, that is.

Yeah I wouldn't bother if I had a pair of 570's either. On a sidenote, rumour sites have started using the GTX6xx naming scheme again, so now everybody's confused. :p

6 is midrange I thought and the ine supposedly coming out soon

Yeah their wording is horrible, and confusing at best. They are working on leaks and rumours, sometimes even translation. Within a source I often see things contradicting eachother, like "they will release the 660 to couteract against AMD", but then they say the GK110, the flagship might release early to spoil AMD's 7950 launch.

But that is why I keep outside of the box and read the info more as entertainment and a little bit with a "common sense" POV, to filter information down to simple blocks so it makes more sense..

I think this might be the info you were talking about?
http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/25636-nvidia-28nm-gk104-gpu-specs-revealed
Nvidia's next-generation 28nm GPU architecture, codenamed Kepler, is officially expected to launch in early Q2 2012 according to the latest schedule we have seen from the company. Although the company will technically be launching one quarter behind AMD, we can still expect to see a few noteworthy design wins in the enthusiast and performance segments, beginning with GK110 in April [note: they said early Feb yesterday? :shrug:] and following up with GK104, GK107 and GK108.

The latest report from sources overseas claims that Nvidia's GK104 GPU, the successor to 40nm GF114 (see: Geforce GTX 560, Geforce GTX 560 Ti), will feature a 256-bit memory interface, will pack 2GB of memory capacity and should have a 225W TDP. Nevertheless, the GK104 will most likely be branded as Geforce GTX 660 and may very well have a Geforce GTX 660 Ti variant later down the release roadmap.

Many analysts are expecting 28nm GK104 to get a big boost in CUDA cores. Some estimates are projecting as many as 768 CUDA cores or "well above 2 teraflops" of raw performance, which roughly equates to 50-percent more compute power than the current flagship Geforce GTX 580 single-GPU card with its 1.56 teraflops. While we don't have exact information on these specifications yet, we expect more information on the exact details of CUDA cores, texture units and ROPs in the very near future.

News from semiaccurate, (picture from neoseeker):

A lot of people have been asking about Kepler/GK104, and we finally have some hard information. Unfortunately, we can’t post it or certain classes of moles go extinct, but there are some things we can say.

The short story is that Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA) will win this round on just about every metric, some more than others. Look for late March or early April availability, with volumes being the major concern at first. GK104 cards seen by SemiAccurate all look very polished and complete, far from rough prototypes or “Puppies“. A2 silicon is now back from TSMC, and that will likely be the production stepping barring any last second hitches. Currently, there aren’t any.

For the doubters, both of the current cards we saw have two DVI plugs on the bottom, one HDMI, and one DP with a half slot cooling grate on one of the two slot end plates. The chip is quite small, and has 8 GDDR5 chips meaning a 256-bit bus/2GB standard, and several other features we can’t talk about yet due to differences between the cards seen. These items won’t change the outcome though, Nvidia wins, handily.S|A

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/01/19/nvidia-kepler-vs-amd-gcn-has-a-clear-winner/

v_thumb.php

A word on price of the GK-104 chip:

We hear that Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA) has sent out Kepler pricing to AIBs in the far east, or will once the New Year party dies down. A few green-tinged moles, we think it’s the New Year’s celebratory hair dye, tell SemiAccurate that the initial Kepler/GK104 cards will be priced around the $299 mark. This should tell you quite a bit about how large the silicon is, but not necessarily what it will be marketed as.

There are two caveats to this number that you should be aware of. First, this is the initial round of pricing, and as we know, they do change, volume, yields etc. Second, it could well be a red herring to try and crater AMD 79xx sales, even given the number of sources that gave us the same number. Lets see how long it takes for the echo chamber to ‘independently confirm’ this one.S|A

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/01/23/exclusive-and-the-nvidia-keplergk104-price-is/

Handy rumour roundup from Hexus.net -> http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/34261-nvidia-gtx-6xx7xx-kepler-rumour-round-up/

Just thought I share this:

AMD might be in for a dogfight when Nvidia's Kepler architecture leaves the porch. Early reports suggest Nvidia has a real winner on its hands and that Kepler is such a strong performer, even Nvidia's mid-range cards will give AMD's high-end GPUs a run for their money. The information available is vague and scattered, but it all points to Nvidia stealing back the performance crown.
Longtime Nvidia Critics Says Kepler is "Clear Winner" Against AMD's Tahiti Architecture

It all depends on when it really comes out, I'm hoping for more wood screws :D

Looking at the price points, I think I might SLI a pair of $300 660/760 cards instead of a single GPU. I wanted to do it with the GTX470, but the heat on em was a bit high.. THe GTX560 seem like a good candidate, but if Kepler is just 3 months away, I can wait.

Back