• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Nvidia Unveils GeForce RTX 4060 Ti GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

wallpaper2you_487287-Cropped-1-scaled.jpg
Nvidia has just announced the latest video card in the Ada Lovelace family, the GeForce RTX 4060 and RTX 4060 Ti. Starting May 24th, the RTX 4060 Ti 8GB model will become available with an MSRP of just $399. Two other models are expected to launch in July, a 16GB version ( $450+) and a base model RTX 4060 (non-Ti) with a starting price of only $299. All three models will include Nvidia's 3rd-generation ray tracing and DLSS3 rendering. Additional links and details are included in the press release below.
Click here to read more!

From reviews I've read so far, performance vs 3060ti is at most 10% and sometimes worse than the 3060ti at higher resolution

A regular RTX3070 is a bit faster, so it leaves mixed feelings. RTX4070 is 30-35% faster than the RTX4060Ti 8GB (looking at some reviews), and it's only one step higher card (so far, as there will be 16GB). It feels like something is clearly missing here, and I highly doubt that the 16GB version of the RTX4060Ti will fill this gap.
Somehow I'm happy I decided on the RTX4070 FE a while ago.

Wish they would release a 4070 Ti with 16GB... :unsure:
Problem is the AD104 used has 192-bit memory interface. To go to 16GB means dropping that to 128-bit, and some already complain it could use more bandwidth at higher resolutions. They'd instead have to move to a cut down AD103 with 256-bit interface. At that point, it is closer to a 4080 than a 4070 Ti, and the gap between them in both price and performance I'm not sure is one that needs plugging. Not impossible, but don't hold your breath for it.

And going back to topic, the 3060 Ti is in a bit of an odd position. My gut feel is they should have lead with the non-Ti as that's the one that would sell more. As it is, they left the door open for AMD in the low end as far as current gen goes.

Back