• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia's 41.03's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i love them as well. EXCELLENT 3d quality with EXCELLENT performance. i was surprised it looks so much better than 30.82!

Well, heres my first impression... Installed them, tried 3dmark and it kind of locked up in game 2 for a few seconds, so it threw my score off. No biggie, I don't put much faith in those benchies.

Ran UT2003 for about the last hour and the color is very good and pretty smooth gameplay. Getting pretty high fps on magma and my card usually struggles a little there, so I am keeping these, at least for now.

Any diff between these and the 40.72's? I am using the 40.72's right now and they are nice too IMO. They are also the only drivers that work properly on my card!

OnDborder...thanks for the heads up these drivers rock...my performance seems to be up about 20% in some parts of UK2003 and gameplay is definitely smoother. Theres still a bit of life in the Gf3

hey i just noticed

just updated to these drivers to check em out. i noticed that nvidia finally put a refresh rate fix in the driver. was that with this revision of the 40's or was it in previous versions? kudos to them.finally giving us what we want. and if it fixes the instability ive been having with my video lately that would be awesome too.

Any idea of where I can get these drivers for Win9X? I see they're only available for NT and 2k/xp. So I just wondered where (if available) can I get the win9x version, if not available yet, any estimated release date?

Hey let me ask you guys something, when you install new Detonator drivers do you guys just write over the old ones, or do you actually uninstall the old drivers, reboot, and then install the new ones? Just curious, because I have heard of drivers getting corrupted if you don't uninstall the old ones first.

SlowBurn said:
Hey let me ask you guys something, when you install new Detonator drivers do you guys just write over the old ones, or do you actually uninstall the old drivers, reboot, and then install the new ones? Just curious, because I have heard of drivers getting corrupted if you don't uninstall the old ones first.

I have been pretty lucky with just installing over the top of the old ones. I emphasize the word lucky, knocking on wood.

I hate that coolbits wont work with them
Coolbits works just fine with them...:eh?:

I don't see the response others are seeing with my GF3. The only thing I like about the new drivers is the digital vibrance setting, which really makes Morrowind look nice :) But with these drivers set on no AA, no Aniso, Aggressive Performance, no V-sync, no Fog Table, etc. I am getting 15-20FPS outside, and 70-80 inside (which is still playable but it looks like crap). On the 30.87 WHQL's (off the Windows Update site, no less) with AA @ 2x, Aniso @ 2x, Best Image Quality, and Fog Table enabled, I was pulling 20-25, sometimes 30FPS outside, and 110-120 inside. But the digital vibrance is almost good enough for me to use the 41's anyway...when the next WHQL comes out with DV, I'll be happy :)

Last edited:
better menu (with coolbits) but I lost my 1280x1024 in BF1942. Now the max res it lets me pick is 1280x960. All other games are fine.

OpenGL refresh rates are still buggered up tho, and I can't choose highest possible refresh rates that my monitor supports for some of the lower resolutions :( Otherwise I'm satisfied with them.

Back