• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oculus Rift / HTC Vive - VR Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got my two DP to HDMI adapters (from different mfgrs) and tried both on my Titan X.

No go. I still get the purple lines on the headset...

I did manage to fix the issue though......
Asus ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-011G-GAMING 11G OC Edition VR Ready 5K

I got my two DP to HDMI adapters (from different mfgrs) and tried both on my Titan X.

No go. I still get the purple lines on the headset...

I did manage to fix the issue though......
Asus ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-011G-GAMING 11G OC Edition VR Ready 5K

Nice :) Guess you got in before them selling out it seems like almost everywhere and other places bumping the price by $100 or more. Guess people where holding out to really see how the Vega was going to preform.

Edit: BTW sucks the card and adapters didn't work as hoping it would.

Last edited:
Adding a little more to Line Echo.

Lone Echo - Updated 9/7/17
Gotten many more hours under this game, truly if you have the GPU (high end to crank everything up, and I mean everything) it is really a great looking and well thought out game. GET IT! I believe I'm getting close to completing it. The movement, the use of the hand controls, actually gets to be very natural like. Its like I don't even have to look at my "hands" anymore to get a cutter, scanner or even the task list up on the screen anymore. Time really does seem like it nearly stands still playing in the game though, it goes by so fast. That being said really looking forward to more games like this that make great use of the controls. Soon as I beat this I can start playing some of the other games.

Nice :) Guess you got in before them selling out it seems like almost everywhere and other places bumping the price by $100 or more. Guess people where holding out to really see how the Vega was going to preform.

Edit: BTW sucks the card and adapters didn't work as hoping it would.

Yeah I was a bit shocked to see them back up to $599.

I tried everything I could think of to get that working on my Titan X. I tried just the Titan X in a different slot, tried it in the third slot, Tried swapped locations of the cards (Titan first, then TitanX) tried all combinations of DP adapters in different DP ports...nothing worked...Felt it was easier to just get a new card than build a new system so...

I got it working on my Titan X! I have no idea what I did, mind you, but I got it working perfectly fine!

I had swapped the slots the OG Titan and Titan X were in yesterday and tried every adapter I have and no go...

Today, I removed the Titan and buttoned up everything and left the Titan X in the second PCIEx slot and the oculus loaded right up with ZERO interference...

Odd, but in a very good way!

so I cancelled my order for the 1080 Ti

Actually I was going you change it since I got it moved to the gaming section.

And that being said I've updated the title expanding it to Oculus Rift and HTC Vive - Club. Welcome all to share experiences the ups and downs with VR.

Last edited:
VR Toolbox, now that I have a chance to use it, seems pretty decent. There are a lot of different things you can do in it but I think the interface itself is just a bit clunky (subjective...I know)

You won't lack for options on how to set things up because there are a TON of options to go through...

Oculus Video - Open it, watch the 3D "IT" Movie preview, shampoo the pooplets off your chair. Do your laundry. I really didn't think Bill Skaarsgard would do Penywise justice. I have changed my mind. (and drawers after watching the preview)

VR Toolbox, now that I have a chance to use it, seems pretty decent. There are a lot of different things you can do in it but I think the interface itself is just a bit clunky (subjective...I know)

You won't lack for options on how to set things up because there are a TON of options to go through...

Oculus Video - Open it, watch the 3D "IT" Movie preview, shampoo the pooplets off your chair. Do your laundry. I really didn't think Bill Skaarsgard would do Penywise justice. I have changed my mind. (and drawers after watching the preview)

Ooooooooooh I will try that tonight!

Have you seen the product Display Link? Seems like a next logical step. Don't know if the other manufacturers are attempting to incorporate it into their units or if this may be the only option for a while.....

Have you seen the product Display Link? Seems like a next logical step. Don't know if the other manufacturers are attempting to incorporate it into their units or if this may be the only option for a while.....

I like the concept but they're going to have to triple the battery life. I'm pretty sure I spent more time in my rift last weekend than out, even accounting for the troubleshooting I had to do on it...

6hrs is nothing when you're immersed so 2 just won't cut it.

Ok didn't get to try the Video thing tonight... but finished playing Lone Echo. Arg always leaving you for more.
I said it once, and say it again. Great game to get for VR. Doubt they will make a sequel but there is always hope :)

I like the concept but they're going to have to triple the battery life. I'm pretty sure I spent more time in my rift last weekend than out, even accounting for the troubleshooting I had to do on it...

6hrs is nothing when you're immersed so 2 just won't cut it.

Actually they mentioned standard and extended batteries. Guessing the 2 hour one is standard, yeah sure give me at least a 4 hour battery.

Then again, have a couple of batteries, one in the unit, one in a charger at all times. Certainly having freedom of movement is worth the price of an extra battery? Especially after spending the entry fee unto VR. Like has been said, custom PC, VR gear, I'd guess that it's easy to have $2000-2500 into the experience already. Just mumbles in my mind...

Did any of you receive a forced Oculus driver update yesterday?

I did. Afterwards, it wouldn't display anything when activated. I could hear the audio but I had no video at all and my USB Connection for it suddenly appeared as "Generic USB" with the "!" indicating a problem.

I did a restore and still, no go.

I restored to the point before initial installation of the Oculus, installed my STRIX 1080 Ti, installed the drivers for that, rebooted, then plugged in the oculus and went through the setup again and everything is back to normal...

How odd...

Ok so a little update.

While not a game...
Oculus Video Player
Actually pretty nice for a player concerned, and multiple settings to watch your movie/clips in from standard, 360 to full 3D. Worked very well when I tried it so no complaints here.

Now onto games. Some freebee's this time.
RipCoil
Well seemed to work well, couldn't get any MP action in but did some training. Seemed ok, defiantly suited for standing up but you can play the game sitting as well. If I had to pay for it I'm not sure I'd exactly spend money on it unless some friends wanted to play it with me.

Nanite Fulcrum
Ok this is a alpha/beta so take it for what its worth. The game was very glitchy for me actually couldn't get past the first few screens before it either locking up or making it so I couldn't go forward or backward anymore. Interested in trying it more once it comes along but we'll see.

Finally have a bit of time as kids and GF are away :D

ARIZONA SUNSHINE

I must say I have a lot of fun with this one. OK, moving around is not perfect, but it is quite challenging and very precise in terms of shooting.

EVE VALKYRIE

Finally started, no multi yet, but will do some tonight. What a nice game! Dogfight in starfighters!!!

iRacing

Spent a bit more time on it. Will start proper multi racing tonight. Till now, the best racing sim I've ever plaed, and by far!

Back