• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oculus Rift / HTC Vive - VR Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BLASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE

This game is really cool! Just spent 1.5 hours playing. After running out of gas on the motorway with my motorcycle and hitch-hiking for 2 hours (forgot my phone@home, lol!), it relaxed me quite a lot!

Really a good one for 15 bucks.

Pretty polished, funny, real tough!

EVERSPACE

Horrible controls (either with mouse or XBOX controller).
Horrendous interface.
Takes ages to customize controls (when it works!).

I would have been happy to properly try the game, but after 1 hour trying to configure something playable, I gave up...

Waiting for Eve Valkyrie to finish updating to properly engage!

EVERSPACE

Horrible controls (either with mouse or XBOX controller).
Horrendous interface.
Takes ages to customize controls (when it works!).

I would have been happy to properly try the game, but after 1 hour trying to configure something playable, I gave up...

Waiting for Eve Valkyrie to finish updating to properly engage!

There was something screwy when I went to Xbox controller... its like the whole game freaked out with the controls and going back to the mouse didn't help. Had to close it down and restart it but still thought the controls from keyboard/mouse was still off after the fact. I was playing it the other week seemed to work good, got far in a run before becoming totally over run by ten's of fighters and a few cruisers. All I can say is it took some tweaking but keyboard/mouse seems to be the only way to play this, forget the controller and with VR its just totally whacked.

Yeah they overhauled Valkyrie a bit with the new major update. I was enjoying it a bit more when playing last week.

Thanks Deathman! It's not me then! Can't unbderstand how this game got so much praise...

ARIZONA SUNSHINE

Râââââ.... PLayed in real move mode. Very very very good! Got stuck 1.5 hours playing this afternoon!

Hmmm have to consider getting Arizona Sunshine :)
Though probably going to get Arktika.1 first. Wasn't sure about it at first but looks like its pretty good.

Also side note... looks like Rift is not officially $399 permently. Still happy got it on sale for this price even more now, i'd be kicking myself paying 100-200 more just a few months ago.

DIRT

Finally, started properly. Difficult game but VERY realistic off road driving.

No too bad at it though: finished 2nd and 5th on the first 2 60's events. 2nd on the third one after 1 race.

I think I am goind to spend some more time on it tonight (Agent 34 is going to be jealous :p).

DIRT

Demanding game, rewarding game!

Finished my first championship, open, the less difficult, at the first place. Most driving helps disabled (I find ABS and traction control doesn't help at all on dirt racing...). That gives me some bucks to try some other ones.

Started the Clubman 1960's. A bit harder, but still doable.

Actually, the way the difficulty increases is pretty well designed, and helps the learning curve.

Awesome!
I'd be curious to grab a wheel and get back into it but I enjoy my Xbox for Racing games more than my PC. I feel more relaxed doing it.

Ah man, you should give it a try! I got a T150 pro (with 3 pedals), not high end, but good enough for nice sensations.

The immersion given by the Oculus makes just any non-VR racing game unplayable afterward.

And DIrt is by far the game with the most realistic physics (better than iRacin, Project cars or Assetto Corsa). I used to drive cars on dirt tracks when I xas a teenager (ahem...), and i just get the feeling back! Don't get me wrong, those 3 other games are very good as well (especially AC and iRacing), but the feeling in Dirt is SOOOO close to the real thing!

Well, after some more hours on PC2, I must say it is awful...

Only Karting is worth it.

Any other car, you feel like you are racing at a snail pace: zero feeling of speed!

Happy I did not pay for it :D : straight to the recycle bin!

Go for Assetto Corsa or Dirt, but forget about this one...

I got a new game the other day... Forgot what it was but its space based, I'm a sucker for these.
Sadly I haven't had a chance to play it yet so hopefully sometime in the next week or two when things calm down a little at work and reading the house for winter.

Well, I am still playing quite a lot of Robo Recall (maybe half an hour a day), and a bit of Dead and Buried, at which I suck though...

Not much time either and over stressed with work (company launch...).

PS VR welcome here too? I just got a kit yesterday as there's a "time limited" sale on right now making it rather tempting. Although new and sealed, some bits were missing but they're mainly software, and I've been offered a discount to keep what I got which I'll take, as that'll more than offset the missing parts.

I will compare performance to the Vive as my only other reference. Head and controller tracking I'd only rate as "good enough", as both are noticeably inferior to Vive. The head tracking is generally ok, but now and then it gets in a state where things go offset and you have make use of the reset function built in to make things ok. Controller is more noticeably worse, I quite often have a yaw offset, and movement tracking seems more coarse and jumpy. In both cases, you also have a more limited usable range too. PS VR is primarily meant to be a sitting position experience with limited mobility.

On image quality, I think the screen door effect is better than on the Vive, but the sweet spot of PSVR seems to be smaller with the image degrading more outside of that. Also on Vive there isn't noticeable distortion, but there is on PSVR, more so if not in the sweet spot.

Comfort wise, they are different but neither is an outright win. Vive puts more pressure on the face, at least with the old style strap, I haven't tried the newer one. Vive also has an opening around the nose area, which can be good or bad depending on the environment. PSVR seals better in that sense, but as downside I found that more prone to mist up over usage.

Since I'm sure its a small group overall I'd say yeah perfectly fine buddy! PSVR is in :) Actually was curious about it myself since I was contemplating it at one time.
Hey curious do you have the PS4 or PS4 Pro? Obviously this could have a significant effect on the play-ability of the PSVR unit.

I got a PS4 slim, later with added SSD. Decided it wasn't worth paying extra for the pro at the time I got it. With the amount I blow on PC hardware it wouldn't be significant, but I was right in my call, in that my PS4 power on hours are really low. That may change with VR. I got it with Skyrim VR bundle, and I've never done Skyrim at all so it's all new to me. I have the gamer classic problem though, too many games, too little time. Dunno if I'm going to start it if I don't know I have time to potentially get into it.

I got a PS4 slim, later with added SSD. Decided it wasn't worth paying extra for the pro at the time I got it. With the amount I blow on PC hardware it wouldn't be significant, but I was right in my call, in that my PS4 power on hours are really low. That may change with VR. I got it with Skyrim VR bundle, and I've never done Skyrim at all so it's all new to me. I have the gamer classic problem though, too many games, too little time. Dunno if I'm going to start it if I don't know I have time to potentially get into it.

Does the SSD really help with load times much? I've been curious about this on how much it would affect certain games potentially at least on the PS4. I got a spare... SSD, boy that sounds bad, that I've been contemplating into putting into my main rig or maybe trying it on the console.

Ha I feel your pain with too many games, too little time. Least I've been much better lately to really try and concentrate on what I started and to complete before starting something else. There is a few games I still have to go back to and play but really concentrating on 1-2 games at a time on the consoles and then another 1-2 i have on the PC just to keep things moving.

ELITE DANGEROUS

Thanks to Mackerel, I've started some ED yesterday. Tutorial only, got obliteraded by the second ship during combat training.

What a game! Time consuming for sure, but well worth it.

Only downside is the use of keyboard with the HDM... I might install some vocal command stuff. Sure it helps.

Worth noting: despite a lovely food poisoning, I did not suffer from any motion sickness (already puked my guts a couple of hours before mwuahhaha!!!) :cheers:

Back