• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ to make phase change units

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
oooh, perrrdy!

can't wait to hear more information on this!

if the price is good, hell i might even buy one! an easy way to go to pahse change cooling, without having to know all of the ins and outs of phase change.

That, and i trust OCZ, havn't had a problem with them yet. and havn't heard anything bad about them recently.

all depends on specs that they give us, any reviews on it, and the price.

RRP is rumoured to be in the region of $300 USD ;)

If its $300, its time for me to move to phase!

Speaking of which, that would be a darn smart idea, keeping the price unbelievably low. Let us see what SteveOCZ has to say about this. :)

Looks nice, but I wonder how this thing will perform. Might not be able to to use is for GPU or northbridge with that head. I can't really tell.

Should this be called entry level phase change?

If they can keep the price that low this will force other manufacturers to follow suit. Which is definately good news for us the consumers. I am definately looking forward to seeing the test results on this unit.

Do you see a day on the horizon when phase change will come standard in dell and hp and every computer out there. Seems like that may come true with the apparent limitations of microprocessor speeds and computing power.

I wonder if the ocz phase change will come in the same form as the vapochills and promies or if it'll be a more compact unit like some of the water cooling solutions from thermaltake.

Yummy! This might be the perfect replacement for my homebrew system that busted a couple years ago. I liked making the unit and learned a lot from it, but a warrantee does have its merits...

if this comes out in that sorta price bracket id definately buy one - even if its no prommie or vapo beater (which for the price i doubt) itd be a lot better than water or air...at the cost of current good water setups :D

Vrykyl said:
if this comes out in that sorta price bracket id definately buy one - even if its no prommie or vapo beater (which for the price i doubt) itd be a lot better than water or air...at the cost of current good water setups :D

Ditto on that. Any ETA for this? I'm guessing it's still up in the air since the sources didn't have much info either, maybe someone came across something.

WOW, this is excellent news!!!

<300 is an unbelievably great price!! :eek:

@ that price, i could have 3x OCZ units vs my 1x MachII...

i was just about to say i need 2x of those for SLI / crossfire, but there is no way to fit that evap between cards...

Joe Camel said:
WOW, this is excellent news!!!

<300 is an unbelievably great price!! :eek:

@ that price, i could have 3x OCZ units vs my 1x MachII...

i was just about to say i need 2x of those for SLI / crossfire, but there is no way to fit that evap between cards...

send it into chilly1 for a custom GPU evap and he'll make quick work of it for ya

and oh man... i def. want one of these suckers!

I heard a rumor that this will be R134 and if thats true its going only okay and people will be shipping plenty of them to chilly1 for regas with r404 or maybe if your insane and dont mind the price r402. Or if you just cant wait r290 gas it yourself.

Huh, that's pretty interesting. I'll let you guys know any pricing info when/if I find out as well. I just got an updated pricelist from OCZ today - no mention of this unit yet.

This will be a great addition to thier product lines. I've personally had fantastic luck with OCZ, so this would be very tempting.

Back