• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh crap I've fried my system...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey thanks for the reply.

The thing is, my LEDs have always been kind of wonky, but the system worked fine. What I did was try to flash to emboss' bios, then I restarted, and since then the comp won't boot. So it would be one hell of a coincidence if it was something other than the BIOS (since my system worked fine beforehand for quite some time) and the machine doesn't even post or boot, no video signal, nothing...

I'll play around some more, or maybe just RMA the board, for now I have an exam to study for :p

yeah i know what you mean, exams always get in the way of fun.

anyway I just last ditch things to try before getting another bios from a hopefully reputable source this time (as the one from ebay doesn't sound like it may have been working correctly).

0.09_MF? Strictly speaking it's not the most up to date (0.10_MN has been tested enough now that I'll probably move it up to "stable") but it certainly shouldn't have given you any grief ... Only thing I can think of is to go through the normal steps (remove cards and one of the CPUs, try a different CPU, etc).

As far as the BIOS you got off ebay, my guess would be that it's either an incompatible chip (most likely as you say the markings are different) or has the wrong BIOS stored.

Emboss, my bad I thought that 0.09 was the most up to date.

I'll try pulling some cards when I get home from my exam, thank you all for helping me out with this.

Back