• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok guys this is what im planing on getting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snyper1982

asus a7n8x, corsair xms3200 cs2 256x2, 9700 pro, xp2800+, 2x wd 80 gig SE, Promise RAID controller, audigy, klipsch 4.1
Well what do you guys think? should i do that or is there anything else you guys recomend?

you dun need audigy or the raid controller because Asus A7N8X offers onboard RAID and also the onboard sound is as good as audigy unless you want audigy platium which got the Live Drive. I would suggest save the $ on those to card and get Klipsch 5.1.

Also why not get Corsair PC 3500? and also I doubt if XP2800+ is really worth @ its current price tag US$ 410. XP 2600+ 333mhz seemd to be a good choice

I thought I heard the RAID on the ASUS only worked with SATA drives, so the RAID controller might be necessary. Definitely forget the audigy, though. The nForce onboard audio is all you need unless you were getting a 6.1 speaker system. Like Elusion said, spend what you save on the 5.1s. Better yet, the 5.1s and a DD-5.1 so you can use the SPDIF out. I'm using the DD-5.1 with my 4.1s and nForce1 audio and I like it better than my SB Live. Much less CPU cycles wasted on audio processing.

i already HAVE an audigy, i was just gonna pull it from my current system, and i already HAVE the 4.1's, other than that stuff is there anything else ou guys suggest?

Back