• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One Click install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Timdog

I downloaded the oneclick install and editted the config file for my username. I clicked the exe, but now I only get FAH4Console.exe running in my taskmanager, but no FAHcore. Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: I just installed the graphical client from the website and I am now folding for team 32. :D

ok...u gota del any old folding stuff befor u use the one click install.

then after u edit the cfg. u hit the exe and restart your computer.

Yep,reboot and see the power of Wedo's one-click wonder work!

Uninstall all other stuff first though, I would be willing to bet after you reboot now you might have 2 clients trying to run after reinstalling the graphical client again.That will cause problems.

I would highly recommend using the One Click as you will get optimum folding power since the client will run as a service and have the Gromac flags enabled (Gromacs are types of proteins that fold much faster using SSE and raise your output).

Make sure you download the One-Click, unzip it to the desktop, and edit it using Notepad.exe. If you edit the file while it is still inside the zip, it will go fubar on you. If you use wordpad to edit the file, it will go fubar on you....

Here's the newest version of the One-Click with the new core included:

http://www.justa-larrkin.com/folding/OC-FAH.zip

Download it to your desktop, unzip it to your desktop, go into the folder it created, edit the client.cfg with your username using Notepad and save the client.cfg, click the .exe.

Wedo

Back