• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on Chaintech's Reputation and their 4200 "GT21" Special Edition VIVO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SemiCycle

Opinions on Chaintech's Reputation and their 4200 "GT21" Special Edition VIVO

Now that my VIVO questions are out the way, I want to get some opinions on Chaintech video cards. If you have had any experience with ther stuff, let me know if it was positive or negative. RMA department woes? Bugs, Crashes? Anything at all.

I'm considering their Geforce4 4200 "GT21" Special Edition VIVO card. It looks great and the cost seems on par with other 128MB models. I'm not to worried about getting the faster memory version of the ti4200 on another card like a Gainward. I'm mostly looking for a full function replacement for my trusty Radeon that will be retired.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?description=14-145-017

14-145-017-01.JPG

I had a refurb(from Newegg)GT61 Ti4600. Got 12006 out of the box no overclock, running the 30.30's. Anyone you buy is going to be about the same, just a different look or cooling.

Ya, I agree with that, but there always seems to be companies that don't support their products like they should, have butt slow RMA departments, or just make low quality parts. I'll think on it another day or so. Some of thed other VIVO TI4200 I'm thinking about :
Gainward
Leadtek
eVGA
Soltek

I actually talked to thier CS dept. about getting the Svideo and Vivo connectors that came with the card. I told them it was a refrub and I needed the connectors. They had all intentions on sending them to me, until I canceled because I had to RMA the card. That is the only contact I had with them and it was a plesent one.

I'd highly reccomend the Msi 128mb gf4ti4200 it's a great feature packed card, comes with a killer software bundle, overclocks like a beast and has some good looks to go with all of that. I know the other msi owners on the forums will testify to that.

Back