• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ordered an AN35N today.............

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yup APIC is in BIOS, supposedly it has no effect on 98SE but when I forgot to disable it on a re-install it knocked 2.5K off of my 3DMark scores, took me forever to figure out what it was. It is recommended that 2K and XP user enable it but many have found higher OCs with it disabled. Its also been reported in various forums that disabling it resolved various issues people were having with their audio and USB2. The problem is in order to set it to disabled you have to reinstall your OS after you've made the BIOS change. I don't know if once its disabled if re-enabling works or you need to re-install the OS again as once I saw the results I never went back.

Regards, Balrog

All right, another seven hours of hard disk deleting, w00h00. Be back tomorrow.

This will be winxp reactivation #9. w00t.

Error: usb not recognized.
Fix: clear cmos, rip out the battery, put battery back in the wrong way, try to boot, reposition battery, clear cmos, try to boot, put JP1 back to normal, try to boot, boot successfull, install usb device, all is good.
Cause: agressive OCing.

Last edited:
LOL sQUiRLy...I do pretty much the same thing whenever I clear cmos...I always go to turn it back on with the jumper still on clear and start crapping my pants for a second. "WTF? Oh crap, it won't power on...what did I do??"

Back