• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock Corsair vengeance 3000Mhz Lpx 2x8gb (SK Hynix 21nm A-die).

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

piiOlen

Hi guys, I have just upgraded to a ryzen 5600x with the MSI b550 tomahawk and i was thinking to reuse my old ram.

Dram Calculator
Link removed.

My ram info.
Link removed.

Actual speed
Link removed.

Can i do better?
Dram voltage manually setted 1.460, real voltage 1.452.

Please host images locally so members don't have to click questionable links. Thank you.

Removed links out of an abundance of caution. This is not an accusation, just precautionary. Please host images locally using the paperclip link in the compose post window (Advanced, quick edit won't show it.)

Thanks,
-hokiealumnus

Ok, sorry, it was only a image hosting site.

I don't have paperclip link.

I'll try in the old way.

Rn my ram is overclocked in this way.
3533 16 20 19 40. Voltage manual set 1.46, Real voltage 1.452

tRC 59 tRRDS 7
tRRDL 10 tFAW 38
tWTRS 5 tWTRL 14
tWR 26 tRDRD SCL 5
tWRWR SCL 5 tRFC 500
tCWL 14 tRDWR 8
tWRRD 3

Stable with 2h of Aida mem only. 50500 in read on aida bench.
Can i do better?
Thanks

If you're stable there I'd say that's a pretty solid overclock. My Corsair Vengeance (3200) max out at about 3600 C16 so your 3000 kit seems to be doing well. You're at the high side of the voltage max so be sure you have plenty of airflow around those sticks.

For posting pics you need to click the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom right of your post and more icons will appear above your posting window. There are some changes happening in the background to simplify this so stay tuned for a future upgrade to the site.

I wouldn't count on much more but Hynix can generally run up to DDR4-3800 CL16-19-19, CL16-20-20 or CL16-21-20. On the other hand, it won't help much in the performance, so as long as everything runs fine, without stability issues, then I would keep it at DDR4-3600 and just enjoy the upgraded PC.

So you think that i can push 3600mhz with same latency and voltage? Honestly i didn't try to set the speed to 3600mhz.

Rn i'm stable at 3533 with 2h of aida.

In regard of posting photo, my account was restricted. Now i can attach photo and edit post too.

I did a photo of my ram on the mobo, the case is NZXT S340, probably isn't the best for the air flow but i don't i think is that bad.
Unfortunately, im using amd stock cooler, i ordered directly from scythe the am4 kit for scythe mugen 4.

Dram Calculator
CPU-Z
Internal case disposition

You can try and maybe it will work. If not then you can check CL17 (disable gear down mode) or CL18 as it may give you better results at a higher frequency.
Hynix generally works fine at higher voltages. You can go up to 1.55V without problems if there is even not the best airflow in the case.

I have added photo in my last post. Is there a way to put photo under spoiler?

Are there any programs which I can benchmark the RAM? or Aida read is enough?

In any case, if you tell me that they can reach 1.55v without problem, I wait before mounting the mugen 4 on the 5600x, and then maybe use some in-game benchmarks to keep track of the improvements, and try to push 3600 even with higher cl

AIDA64 Cache and Memory, Maxxmem, Ryzen Blender, basically anything that will tax the memory or CPU and Memory will work fine.

You can insert an image inside the spoiler tag. You do need to be in advanced mode and your code should look like this. (P.S. I like to use the 'Insert Image' over the 'Attachment' paperclip. Both work well though)

[noparse]
[/noparse]

Results in this...

Back