• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock Multiplyer use 166 or 333 FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkMark

Registered
When applying a multiplyer overclock do I do the total FSB for the multiplyer (333MHz) or the FSB displayed for the CPU in the BIOS (166MHz). It's a XP 3000+.

Thanks

??? What do you mean? If you are trying to up your overclock, lower your multiplier down to a none .5 multiplier (11,10,...) and then increase the fsb. Because your stock fsb is 166, you'll probably make it up to above a 200 with a good amount of vcore. Or if you want the highest Ghz, just raise the fsb to like 180 something and then raise the multiplier until Prime fails. I'm guessing that's the way you would do it, although my processor is locked and so I can't change my mult. so my help in that area is a little weak. My sig is a 2600 Barton at a 203 fsb at 1.875V. Don't try to overclock to a high level until you have the cooling to handle it though. If you have any more questions just ask.

do u mean what which number do you times to fiqure out what ur ghz will be or something..........(ex. 13x166=2.16ghz (barton 3000+) (166fsb=333fsb)

Right, well I need to know which is multiplied, the 166 or 333?

Thanks

the 166 is multiplied :)

so its multi * bare FSB = clockspeed

would be fun if it were the multiplied FSB * multi :p imagine... 800fsb * 12 (p4 2.4c) lol

unless you lucked out and got a relatively old 3000+ your multiplier is most likely locked, that's for one.
Second, what chipset does your motherboard have? if its a KT333 that's really not the best board to be overclocking with. With a KT333 chipset, if you even have FSB adjustment over 166, you wouldn't get much over 180MHz.

Back