• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock my 2.8C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Circaflex

Ok well i had my cpu die on my after my psu blew so i rma'd with intel and they sent me a new one. Its a 30-cap 2.8C SL6Z5 Costa Rica Chip FPO/BATCH 3419A483 Pack Date 6/11/04. Now im wondering what do you think i should hit on this its the M0 stepping my other m0 wouldnt hit past 235 fsb. Now what should i immediatly do to get my highest overclock. A few people said before i did some things wrong so what should i do firstly what settings in teh bios should i use?

SL6Z5 is an M0..should do 3.5Ghz (250fsb) on stock vcore, and more on just a small increase.

See my sig, the 2.8 is a wonderful chip :)

on that mobo/ram, run the 5:4 ratio for better oc

Noob question here. How can I figure out my Spec # my intel chip is and what cap it is?

Do I have to actually look at the processor itself?

Edit: Here is a shot of my cpu-z

Last edited:
what bios settings should i disable right away? I iknow to lock my agp/pci but what certain things should i disable to get the perfect overclock.

Circaflex said:
what bios settings should i disable right away? I iknow to lock my agp/pci but what certain things should i disable to get the perfectoverclock.

[i/]disable the onscreen intel logo ;)[/i]

set the GAT / PAT settings as recommended before and increase the AGP available memory (more=better)

Back