• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking p4pe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

paul.1clarke

Registered
does any one know what settings i need to get this to run at 3.0 gig stable its currently running at 2.9 its a 2.5 cpu at 25x116 fsb,i tried upping fsb to 120 but it would not boot even with agp/pci fixed, i have not upped the voltage at all,can anyone also recommend a good cooler
cheers in advance

Well,

your problem seems to be board-independant (more or less).

The only board-oriented tip I can give you is to turn off system Turbo -
because this will simply increase the FSB by some silly amount (1-3MHz) -
but might be enough to thwart your goals. 120MHz+3MHz not EQ 120MHz. Yeah, ok.

I don't have your CPU (2.5@100FSB), so I cannot make any empirical observations, however....

Any CPU with a internal multiplier of 25x(!) is going to be a tough OCing candidate.
With every MHz increase in FSB, your looking @ a 25MHz increase in core speed.
(Like you didn't know that, right.)

That aside, it is a general fact that incrementing the core voltage will help to stabilze an Oced cpu.
It is also a known fact that overvolting any electrical component can lead to a crispy critter.
Makes for a good paperweight, but otherwise useless.

The key here is moderation. But you already know all this.

So I don't really understand what kind of little miracle you expect your mobo to produce :p

None the less, good luck!

CU,

Traveller@work said:
Well,

your problem seems to be board-independant (more or less).

The only board-oriented tip I can give you is to turn off system Turbo -
because this will simply increase the FSB by some silly amount (1-3MHz) -

The 'Turbo' setting makes the DRAM clock to be set to zero.

btw I think the cpu is at the limit...otherwise try some more vcore :burn:

Traveller@work said:

There are two turbo options for the P4PE's BIOS:
System and memory Turbo modes.

I'm referring to the system and I assume you are reffering to the memory var.

cu,

oh yes definitely for memory ..thanks for the clarification :)

Hey Paul,

how did you get your multi set @ 25? I got the same board, CPU and I am having a hell of a time OCing this thing. Mine is set @ 19x and its greyed out. I also can't get higher than 19x136...what did you do to get the juices flowing that high?

I got a thread called: Asus P4PE Overclocking Troubles

and it has all my settings etc...in case you want to have a peak.

Thanks BobbyG.

BobbyG said:
Hey Paul,

how did you get your multi set @ 25? I got the same board, CPU and I am having a hell of a time OCing this thing. Mine is set @ 19x and its greyed out. I also can't get higher than 19x136...what did you do to get the juices flowing that high?

I got a thread called: Asus P4PE Overclocking Troubles

and it has all my settings etc...in case you want to have a peak.

Thanks BobbyG.

You've got 2.53Ghz CPU I assume?

That's why you're multi is 19, his multi is @ 25 cause his chip is "A" using 400FSB and not 533 like yours :) .. no one can change the multiplier, it's locked on all INTEL chips, unless their ES.

I see... any suggestions on getting this thing over 136? Seems like I have decent parts and should be able to OC a bit.

Back