• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockix Updated!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
First, I've got to thank BubbaGump for the work he did making custom iso's for the holidays and for updating the Eidolon iso.

Change log:

Eidolon- newer gaim so MSN and yahoo should work again, fixed prime-net bug running from live CD, fixed mountetdrive script bug, upgraded to 4.0 folding client, set vncserver to run at startup.

Technomancer- updated gaim, firebird, konqueor, xmms and folding client. Added amsn, gftp, bittorrent, bonnie++, ripperX, vcd-tools. Improvements made to several of the folding scripts (SMP support!!!). Prime-net bug running from live CD fixed. Added canterwood chipset NIC driver (3c2000). Added some new backgrounds. Set vncserver to run at startup. Added knoppix-installer install script for Debian style HDD install. Hacked both install scripts to fit on a smaller medium (2GB instead of 2.2GB) and to install folding service by default (untested). Added some new desktop icons to compensate for broken Kmenu. Fixed kicker icons. Fixed some bad linking that happens to karamba themes and documetation post hdd-install. If not running persistent home, fixed boot issue of being prompted for question about ae256 encryption failed to mount. SOme other things I've probably forgotten about....

Known bug- konqueror has odd complaints when used as a file browser, but functionally does not appear to be compromised.

links to the iso's are on the site- http://overclockix.octeams.com

These new iso's have not been as thoroughly tested as I would have liked, so feedback is appreciated.

Expect to see some pics of Fluxbox and Icewm very soon. Pics of new Technomancer iso's KDE:

snapshot6.jpg

snapshot9.jpg

snapshot10.jpg

Last edited:
rogerdugans said:
Downloading Eidolon now, Technomancer next.

Thanks Arkaine23 and BubbaGump!
Ditto.

I was gonna install Slackware for kicks but I will try this again.

:( My DSL crashed and I wasnt using an download manager...

Well that just learned me. Sorry I wasted 374mbs of your bandwidth.

I believe there is quite enough to spare. One of the reasons I like using opera....

Well for some reason I have been having issues with Opera giving me some bad files. I am using it now, hopefully without any issues.

Ever think of BitTorrenting it?

I like Firebird as you can close the browser and the download client continues until done.

I don't know how to get IE6/MyIE2 to download ftp files.

Maybe the latest Opera 7.5 beta is better than the last 7.3 buggy browser.

I'm using FreshDownload and pulling both ISOs down at the same time @ 125KB/sec each using a total of 16 separate streams.

Gotta love FAT pipes and good download clients :thup:

Last edited:
Back