• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 2.4 how's it going to OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

James-Italy

Registered
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum! I tried a search, but P4 and 2.4 are too small. Went back and read a ton of threads, but not much talk about the P4 2.4. Nothing even on the OC section on the main page.

Anyway, I'm tired of BSOD hell from my Asus A7M266-D Dual-Athon MP 1900+ system and am coming back to single P4. I really like the memory bandwidth and the stability of Intel. But to be fair, any dual system seems very fragile.

NEW SETUP:
Abit TH7-II Raid
P4 2.4mhz 512cache
2x256meg Kingston RIMM
Gainward 750XP GS Ti4600
Adaptec 29160 SCSI controller
Seagate Cheatah 36.7gig UW160 15,000rpm drive
etc etc

Since I don't have to push the FSB only like on the Asus, can I get the P4 to @3,000 stable with air cooling- or should it go higher? If I can get to 3mhz without screaming fans I'll be pretty happy. Anything above would be a bonus. Any experience out there?

Thanks for the help.

your setup is really good, i really don't think you'll reach 3ghz or even 2.8ghz with air cooling unless its extreme with delta fans. This is not a great overclockable chip.

Thanks anyway guys, I appreciate it, but I've already read all of that. There is really not a lot of info on this chip around.

I still believe I'll get 3ghz out of it. Heck I got my Dual MP1900s to 148FSB- which is near impossible. BTW- I'll use 80cm YStechs down volted for my CPU fan. And I've got a full server case with: 1x120cm Intake, 2x80cm HD Intake fans, 1x92cm Exhaust, Memory fan, northbridge fan, and an Enermax PSU with two fans (exhaust).

Does anyone have any experience OCing the P4 2.4?

Back