• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4 dual DDR or athlon XP dual ddr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soccrstar

Registered
hiiiiiiiiiiiiii

i'm lookin' into dual ddr. i'm need of a pc wit dualddr. but dont know which would best suit my needs. the pc gon b mainly for encoding, capturing, and dvd authoring.

i got 2 choices. either i go wit the asus a7n8x deluxe with athlon XP 2500+

or i can go with gigabyte SINXP (sis655 chipset) with p4 2.4ghz 533fsb version

if anyone can enlighten me on which would best for what i'd like to do please feel free. :p

P4s are much better for there nice big 533FSB (4.2GB bandwidth) and that leaves you an AMD with a 333FSB (2.7GB bandwidth) and not only that but the SIS655 chipset rocks, its the only DCDDR to beat the fearsome I850E RDRAM platform (although im sure I865 and I875 will - but will require a "wait")

P4 would probably be better but you would spend a much larger ammount of money for it. I would go with AMD because I always have a small budget. By the way my dual XP2100 works great and kicks butt in encoding Divx. I have never used a dual P4 so I can't compare speeds.

Axle

Back