• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4T533-C just won't run

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

Well I installed the new Mobo, COU and RAM right onto the existing Abit TH72 HDD OS and it worked OK. Overclocking sucked so I decided to rebuild Like I should have from the get. The machine refuses to take an OS. 2 failed attempts with XP Pro and 1 failed attempt with WIN2K. I had 2 physical memory dumps, 1 lock-up during install and it says it was missing at least 20 files during the install. During the first failed attempt it said 25-30 files were not certified by XP, I'm wondering where that came from since I was in fact installing off the damn CD itself. It ran sluggish and reminded me of a machine that is overclocked to high and actually runs slower so........I set it up @ a 19X 100FSB so I was installing with a 1.9 rather. To my surprise no issues with exception to the still missing files. Tomorrow I will install the OS on another machine to make certain it's not the disc. All the reviews state time and time again how stable and easy it is to get this setup to run @ 2.8. WTF happened to my setup? Any pointers or ideas would be of great value at this point cause I'm already 4 hrs in the hole :confused: I am running jumperless ( the BIOS sucks BTW). Here are some more details:

Asus P4T533-C
P4 2.53 Retail stepping=4 sound right?
Kingston 256 PC1066 8 device, yes they are in the correct banks.

Last edited:
Might be worthwhile to change your cable. I was just installing an OS and was having one heckuva time with missing files, disk i/o errors, not valid drives, etc. Once it actually went through the install process to the point of re-booting to set up system config. When it booted, there was nothing on the disk, just an unformatted partition. When I changed to a different 80 wire cable.........smooth as silk :rolleyes:

I don't know why this happeend. But I put an os in this new hardrive, and then put everything in the puter. It ran fine for a while, then started dropping the whole thing, i.e, the puter would just shut down. no reason that I could find. I put everything into another motherboard that I had here, ie, a 1.8 sis board P4s333, and I had to reformat the hardrive. WHy, I dont know, but I am about to put the 2.53 and the P4PE back in and see if it flies. I will let you know if this works.

Well so far not to impressed. I know it has to be me cause this setup seems to get great reviews across the board. I finally got Win2K to install and even take SP3. Installed the Audigy, Vvidia other various drivers etc. Went to OC and it actually ran solid at 2.8 so I was like HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!and then :mad: it was all over losing drivers, not allowing me to log on etc. Reinstalled VGA drivers in safe mode and am back running at 2.5 for NOW that is.....:D

Well I'm wondering if I didn't get my hands on some of that PC800 marked as PC1066. I'll remove the stickers and see in the next day or so if this insability continues. It's such a chore to work on my machine cause of the tight setup...everything becomes a project. My CPU temps are like 30C idle. I checked all the cables etc.

Back