• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pal 8045 on ak35

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Jeniva said:
I know it will NOt fit the AK31 with out some mods...but im not sure about the AK35

Well that helps i have both boards coming do you know where i can find out what mods have to be done.

you will have to search for it, I remember reading a thread a while back (few months at least..maybe december of last year) about someone that modded there Alpha Pal so it would fit on the AK31, there is a capacitor in the way, and the Alpha may also contact the NorthBridge fan...he had pictures in the post to show the mods...I believe he used a drill or a CNC to cut away the lower part of one corner to clear the capacitor.

hello.. sorry my AK35GTR is dead and waiting for RMA.. :(
but the Pal8045 does fit on that board... I'm on my back up system right now.. still waiting for my replacement...

Arctic said:
hello.. sorry my AK35GTR is dead and waiting for RMA.. :(
but the Pal8045 does fit on that board... I'm on my back up system right now.. still waiting for my replacement...

Outstanding, thanks

Back