• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC cooling idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djscrew

I was thinking about hooking a piezoelectric electric cooler up to a radiator and fan (not quite sure how), and have it blow cold air into the case. I don't want frost or condensation but I would like to blow ~50 degree air into the case to cool all the components down.

Any thoughts about this??

Do you mean to say peltier cooler when you say "a piezoelectric electric cooler"?
If the answer is yes youd mostly be wasting your time. If anything a small small window AC unit would be a better choice.

Lots of physics, tried and true experts try such things inthe WC for over 10 years.

Sure, once you get the name right and understand the physics of why it no workie then you'll understand.

A TEC needs twice the cooling than the heat it removes, it is a massive heat producer on the hot side while it cools the cold side. Meaning twice the radiator in a seperate loop to remove the heat that you took from the cold side.....................

And the heat absortion of a TEC on a tennie side of a readiator that only has ohh, less than 2% of the heatload pass by it, and the chance for freezing unless you understand that also, well...........

Window AC unit and $20+ a month in electricity or more............................... Is your best bet.

i wish they made those blade less fans smaller and cheaper to put in pc's=no noise great airflow and no dust collecting on blades lol
new-portable-bladeless-fan-blue-110v-3f6bf.jpg

aww turns out they do have a turbine type fan in the base=( i always thought they were +ion powered like the deionizer's lol

Last edited:
Don't feel bad jazon1, you wouldn't have liked it anyway.
I built one once with a high frequency laser power supply. The airflow is pathetic in that size, and every ground (-) gets coated with a blanket of dust.

*BTW, you turn that Dyson one up on high and it's not as quiet as they'd have you believe. It literally drowns out the sales pitch recording on the display.

Last edited:
Don't feel bad jazon1, you wouldn't have liked it anyway.
I built one once with a high frequency laser power supply. The airflow is pathetic in that size, and every ground (-) gets coated with a blanket of dust.

*BTW, you turn that Dyson one up on high and it's not as quiet as they'd have you believe. It literally drowns out the sales pitch recording on the display.

Clearly you didnt see the picture/diagram above. That is silent air pushing madness.

So, my idea here is crap/has been done by the simpsons/is not worded correctly?

not yet.

but as we speak, I am working on a pipe from my AC to the front of my PC. :p

Clearly you didnt see the picture/diagram above. That is silent air pushing madness.

Oh I'm sure for $230-$450 they'd love you to believe it's silent, at least until after you pay for it!
"Here, take your Soma...Be a good little consumer with an open wallet and an empty mind..."

My 6 system fans are quieter.

BTW, those thermal electric coolers have an opposing hot side that must be cooled too. Problem is they're just as hot as the cool side is cold (even more so because it's dissipating device power drawn), so you're adding that heat to the room air, and raising the ambient temp you're trying to use through your rad.

Now if you built two separate water loops, one for the cold side and one for the hot side (two pumps/blocks/rads) and used long tubing to set the hot radiator outside...you see where this is going....making a $120 WalMart A/C unit look better all the time, no?

The dyson does have a fan, it's inside the bottom. It will collect dust and slowly reduce it's efficiency also. Just no 'visible' dust. And stupid high price. The bigger one is over $200 easy.

Yeah, I looked it up on Amazon, $449.95!
Cheaper and quieter just to get 9 Noctua's taped together and a fan PSU!!

......Nutz.

rofl.. i'd love to see someone rip apart a oscillating fan and strap some pc fans to it and rock the house... someone must want a side project!!

rofl.. i'd love to see someone rip apart a oscillating fan and strap some pc fans to it and rock the house... someone must want a side project!!
lol had to look on YouTube
some people are just to funny!
funny thing is my case came with a fan bigger i think lol it had a 360mm side fan on it i took it off as it added way to much dust in the case
replaced the whole side panel with a sheet of plexi with a 120mm fan blowing on the gpu's

Back