• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Peltier question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What size Peltier do you plan on using? An 80w pelt is as high as you can go with a basic hsf. Beyond 80w you'll want to use a watercooler.

Thanks for the reply,I don,t really know what watt peltier I want,I was just wondering if that was an option I can use without going to water.

RJ (May 13, 2001 08:15 p.m.):
Can I use a peltier with a Swiftech MC462a? If so what would you recommend?

No HSF not even the Swiftech is going to be able to deal with a high wattage pelt that is needed to cool AMD's latest. 172w and water I think is at the begining of where you start to see good results.

What cpu are you going to be cooling?

yeah, with todays high end tbirds, they put out enough heat to need a high powered peltier and therefor need somthing better than a HSF.

mrpcman (May 13, 2001 11:17 p.m.):
yeah, with todays high end tbirds, they put out enough heat to need a high powered peltier and therefor need somthing better than a HSF.

However, if he does have a celeron than a pelt and a real good cooling hsf and case will give him better temps at a much more affordable price than water cooling.

I have a 1.2 T-bird@1460. I'm just looking at my options on keeping this thing cool. There not bad temps I'm just experimenting. My temps are 38*c idle 42*c load with the FOP38 the Swiftech MC462 will be in today I want to see if I will be able to get the MHZ up a little higher with it.If not I'm in the process of gathering up the components to switch to a home made water cooling outfit A7V133 1.2T bird@1460 vcore 1.79 256mb 80g hdd enlight case mid tower 3 80mm input fans 2 80mm outputs+ slot card cooler

Back