• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pete_scout

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hangs head in silent remembrance.:attn:
:(

I'm in for the tribute.

Cheers Pete :beer:

Most definately a toast at the pub for Pete tonight.

:very sad:

In our thought and prayers, forever will he be part of us.

Cheers,

Dave

Team Mates,
When the chimp challenge is over, I'm going to make Pete the #1 producer on the team, as a tribute. You're welcome to join me and try to make him the #1 producer in the world for a day.

Charlie

ALL IN for the pete_scout tribute.

Hayes

I am pushing back the start date of our folding contests another 48 hours so that a tribute can be made.

Originally the contests were going to re-start 24 hours after we crossed 20 million.

R.I.P. Pete-scout, a fine Folding Member that will be sadly missed,

Our Prayers got out to his Family,

I'm all in for the tribute after the CC. and after Helping with the Rosetta rally. One way or the other, I'd be honoured to help with a tribute to one we've lost.

I'll be switching over my rigs when the contest ends. I'd been wondering where he'd disappeared to and was shocked to hear that he had passed away.

He was an asset to the team.

I consider Pete as a good friend/buddy of mine and I was really sad when I first got the news...... he's a great teammate, great person, and very very willing to help out others! and I still remember back in the days when he, me, and Charlie keep pushing each other and swapping the top folder spot. I really enjoyed those days......

pete_scout will never be gray out again, and I've promised myself both landshark & pete_scout account will always folding along together! and it had already started.

Pete, you will be missed. but pete_scout will never be gray!!
foldon.gif
Pete!!

p.s. I just re-listen our ocforum podcast, folding at home episode just to hear and feel 'bout Pete again!!

I have done some thinking over the past days since this was posted, and I am not only going to fold under pete_scout for one week at the end of the CC, but I am going to do it annually. Every year from now on, as long as I am folding, I will switch everything I have to his name for one week, on January 8th to remember such a great asset to this team.

Edit: This year, I am going to do 2 weeks for Pete. I will switch over my GPU2 client right at the end of the CC, while my quad will be crunching to help the Rosetta team with Bat Outta Hell week. Once that is over, I will switch my CPU over to Pete. I will not switch back to my own name until I have put in 2 good weeks for Pete.

Last edited:
Chasr can you give us a date for Pete_Scout tribute? Maybe next weekend?

I do not want to be caught away from home, and miss it, and the Rosetta payback is next week.

My plan is to switch over at the completion og the CC and change back to ChasR after Memorial day. About 1 week. I don't really want to have to switch to ChasR, then to pete then back to ChasR.

Well, I'm in with my GPU for a week, as my CPU clients are already promised to Rosetta for the week.
Starting as soon as we hit 20million in CC.

For pete.

Last Activity: 11-15-07 03:38 AM

It doesn't seem like it was over a year ago. Every time I saw his name on the EOC stats T32 page I always paused and wondered why he suddenly dropped out.

What a terrible loss for his family.
What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with
your life?
finish putting 2 kids through university ... then get a bigger faster boat and tour

ChasR, how are they doing if you know?

http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=5128206&postcount=2963

Last edited:
I hope that almost a year and a half later the family is doing OK. They had some time to prepare, though you never really can. I'd hoped someone in his family would respond to emails when Pete didn't, but they never did.

I've switched over an E6850 to pete_scout. Permanently.

Back