• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

phase change at la casa

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nunez1980

well just reporting some pics and progress on my phase change cooler:D

well will post back soon, thanks bowman1964:D

Last edited:
100_0004.jpg

100_0011.jpg

100_0014.jpg

Taken care of

Very impressive looking I can't wait to see what your over clocking results are going to be.What cpu do you plan to use with it?

Commander_Kang said:
Very impressive looking I can't wait to see what your over clocking results are going to be.What cpu do you plan to use with it?

I will test it with an amd 2400+, I can't wait eather:D

well everything working great, change the cap to 120" of .028 should get better temps with it, will report later,

also on a side note, I bought a huge neoprene sheet 3'x4' for only 12 bucks, I said what the fuc*, I paid like 6 bucks + shipping for a little 6"x6" online, lol, it is 1/2"

I will get more pics soon and peace out:cool:

well guys did some testing with the blocks and went from cap .026 to .028 to .031 and everytime I get lower temps right now I got both down to -45c, but tomorrow I will try .040 with that I would be able to get better temps, insulating is a ***** too, I thought 1/2" would be enough, but I was wrong, it would need at least 1" of neoprene:) , well later and peace out;)

Good luck. Dont skimp on that insulation!

I almost had a major meltdown last monday on my chiller setup. Condensation had formed on the 1/2in neoprene insulation around the vid card waterblock!

Hint: Injectafoam is your friend :D

well guys, this is fuc* up, I mesh the chip up:mad:, I even use a shim to reduce the risk, but even that wasn't enought, so I got a 1700 to test out too and it work and then it went to heaven, well got all mad and order a p4p800 with a 2.4c will get it tomorrow, I'm sorry amd but this one will be p4:( , well I will use amd for my back up and my consoles roms system;) , well can't wait untill I get this rolling for good, and also I hope amd can get the chips with a heat spreader to protec the veryyyyyyyyy sensitive core on the atlon xp:cool:

well take care and peace out!

Last edited:
how did you mess your chip up? you broke it even with a shim? are you using a self made hold down clamp?

where did you get that crazy deal on neoprene?

laters.
t

how did you mess your chip up?

one of the corner broke a tiny piece :(

you broke it even with a shim?

yes

are you using a self made hold down clamp?

yeah

where did you get that crazy deal on neoprene?

A refrigeration store near by NJ, Paterson

it was a jihub, I made into a key change lol, well don't worry, yours will be just fine, using normal heat sink, take it easy you will be good to go, don't worry:)

tgp said:
what happened to your 1700+? was it a jihub or just a regular model? thats the one im about to get ! :confused:

wttf.JPG

sorry to here your bad luck nunez1980 :(

tgp, the 1700 is an awsome chip. my DLT3C 0310 XPMW is running at almost 2.5 on 1.725 vcore

well guys,

this truelly has been a real crazy week:eek:

Met the most beautiful and lovely girl:D

well on the computer side, well alot of changes, some for the better and others for the worst

well lets beging, I decide that the compressors 1/2 were just to big, so I got two 1/4 compressors (quiet as hell I must touch them to know whether they are on or off :) ) and only use the two small condensors, didn't think the big condensor, nor the two small condensors on series were necessary, so did a nice make over, will get some pics soon:D

I got my 2.4c and p4p800, nice combination, when I set everything up, I then install windows and get when I get to windows it freezes, I said to my self damn it what could be the problem?, after many hours of trouble shooting I found one I got one stick of ram mesh up

I have been testing the stability of the system, and got temps on the top of the block of -35c loaded with prime95 for hours :cool:
on the bios I see -33c

Well this week, I will get some video cards to test the other compressor, and will need to get some ram, thinking on getting 2 sticks of corsair pc3500 :eek:

Guys what you think about the memory, I have looked and the corsair is the most popular of the main ones, any suggestions are very apreciated and welcome,

good night, gota get some sleep

well guys I have been so busy lately, but I was able to finish it and got some shoots ready, I haven't done any serious test cause of the listed issues:( but everythings is working just great, only thing that I will add to it is more insulation, 1" should be minimal:eek:

100_0020.jpg

100_0021.JPG

100_0022.JPG

Last edited:
100_0023.JPG

100_0024.JPG

well did I quick try run with a radeon 9500 an got 20k on 3dmark2001, will post some more info soon:cool:

WOW!#@$!@#$!#$ Thats a crazy system!!!! Very nice!

thanks, I got a little surprice, wait an see if "crazy will discribe it:eek:

very nice set up but i really think that would be way to much work for most people

well, we are in the extreme forum, said it with me EXTREME FORUM, good boy:D

Last edited:
Back