• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phoenix broken !!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Hmmm. Everything was hunky-dory and I went out to for a burger. When I got back Phoenix was busted. It can't find any urls. Tried brower restart, 98 reboot, system virus check after fresh dat update. Completely iradicated phoenix system and program files. Fresh download of latest nighly build. Installed, Firewall off. STILL NO GO.

Found this error message in the java runtime console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMWindowInternal.focus]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://browser/content/browser.js :: WindowFocusTimerCallback :: line 346" data: no]

Any ideas as Opera works just fine?

try creating a new profile in pheonix
To create a new profile start Phoenix by running phoenix.exe -ProfileManager and click on the "Create Profile" button

running poenix.exe starts Phoenix

Still can't find Profile Manager in any of Phoenix's menus. Never could find it in 0.3 either.

Mozilla and Opera still work.

put this inside the properties of the shortcut for phoenix: phoenix.exe -ProfileManager

next time you open phoenix a profilemanager will appear, and then add a new profile

"C:\<path to>\phoenix.exe" "-profilemanager" with two sets of quotes and a space in between finally worked to get me into the elusive profile manager. But it had nothing to do with my problem.

The problem quit by itself after I took off on errands and came back. I can't say it's gone but at least I learned how to set up differant profiles for each member of my family and keep the bookmarks in my profile to just what I want. (after the final release)

Thanx man for the help.

Broke again !!!

Phoenix is broken again. "Can't find URL, please check name and try again" :mad:

I did another complete sys/program file eradication and reninstall of the latest nightly build.

New 0.4 profile, OS reboot three times overall, etc.

Mozilla 1.1 & Opera 6.05 work just fine.

What system hook is unique to Phoenix?

Freaking weird!

I just got it to work by turning on my ZApro firewall. I think?

Fresh install, never touched by a firewall, firewall off durring install and yet this browser has some kind of dependency on this firewall.

ZA must leave a system finger print that's still active even when the firewall is off. Doesn't affect my other internet access apps, just Phoenix.

Back