• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Planning a triple monitor gaming setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Farwalker2u

Do any of you have personal experience with gaming with a triple monitor setup?

I am going to build a new system. It will have a i7-4770K, 2 x nVidia 780, 16 GB of RAM, SSD. The CPU and two graphics cards will be cooled with a custom liquid cooling loop. I will overclock the cpu and graphics cards to stable levels.

I am interested in getting three 1080 24" monitors for gaming.
Response time, high contrast, thin bezel and vesa mounting are important.
I am considering the Acer H236HLbid with a 5ms response time; it has a very thin bezel and an IPS screen.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009483

Some people have the opinion that 5ms is too slow for gaming and will result in ghosting. My current monitor is an ASUS VE248 with 2ms response so I do not know whether a 5ms monitor would show ghosting.

Regarding the 5ms part I highly doubt there would be any noticeable ghosting. My screen at home is 8ms and I haven't ever noticed it. Long gone are the days of 25ms+ that you may as well have mouse trails on.

i'm actually running 3 monitors. it runs well, but there are bugs with most games. some games (starcraft 2 for instance) replicate themselves (show same on all 3), others have messed up menus (too big to see anything, missing controls and such. some games don't support it all and just have horrible frame rates and such

AMD fx8150 4.1ghz (climbing steadily) liquid cooled, 16 gig ram, radeon 7990 (soon to be liquid cooled), ssd

I love widescreen. True...a number of games have some issues but there's generally fixes for most of them (check wsgf.org, nexusmods and others).

That asus monitor DarrenP pointed out looks pretty killer (but you should search around for reviews). Their 24" and 27" 120Hz monitors are pretty darn good imho.

Last edited:
Back