• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PNY 7900gtx $480 7900gt $290

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Vengance_01 said:
hehe the cards kickass. but at 65 watts, they run hot and suck power.
I read that it runs cooler than go 6800 ultra, I don't care about how much heat or power it consumes. I leave my lappy in one place, too heavy and too big to carry around

hoho220 said:
I almost feel like i overpaid for my 7800gt two months ago... now it is at the same price as the 7900gt... ouch...

well i paid $470 for this damned GTX

But the memory is much more powerful on the 7900s... and the core is 90nm...

Not missing much, but enough to be worked up about... but hey, that's what you get when you go high-end all the time. You're always aware that it won't be high-end for long.

Guys, I dont know too much about this, but it seems like a really good deal. Is this pny better than the $350 evga 7800gt with the free mobo? For $60 less it seems like an awesome deal. When did the 79's come out? Are these cards the direct-x 10's? From what you can see in my sig, could I support this card? And lastly, could I cool this thing ok with air? I don't plan to OC or water cool any time soon.

hoho220 said:
the 6800gt seemed to hold its value and prestiege a little longer than I see my 7800gt doing so...

value is in the eye of the beholder. if your 7800gt plays everything you want at decent settings, then theres no need to upgrade. the 6800gt kept its 'value' longer because they didnt release anything newer. nvidia couldve kept developing the 79xx series and got 32pipes on it but they wanted it released sooner to compete with the x19xx series. it does kind of suck that they are debuting the 7900GT for the same price as the 7800gt but thats what ebay is for. you lose maybe $30 after ebay and paypal fees and overall price vs. a brand new one and then you pay the difference for the new card.

d94 said:
yes :D

thats why i made sure to have mine sold a few days ago

Whew !!! So glad to hear you sold that. :) I felt bad for you when I saw it wasnt selling with the nice price you had it at. :(

WaTTz said:
Whew !!! So glad to hear you sold that. :) I felt bad for you when I saw it wasnt selling with the nice price you had it at. :(
yeah..i guess i waited too long? i ended up selling it for $350 :(

Vengance_01 said:
but the 7900 is still 24 pipes, it was 32 I be ****ed. Really your not missing much, and plus you did not have to wait.

True, i got it in september, even before the x1800s came out, it was fun having the top o the line card while it lasted :)

HousERaT said:
Can you imagine how bad the people who just bought a 7800GTX yesterday must feel?

I bought a 7800GT a week ago from Newegg but they're letting me RMA it back with $25 off of restocking fee if I bought the 7900 version. I said sure and upgraded to the GTX version of the 7900. Works good for me. :) <3 Newegg

Bought mine here for 390 shipped, however thinking seriously about ebaying it and going for the 7900 GTX instead.....

Back