• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pop goes the pc, Oc help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ranjitchoongh

I have 2 sticks of llpt cas 2 v1.1 corsair ram and running um dual channel on my dfi infinity 2 board with a 2500barton. I used to be able to get 205*11 prime stable on the asus board i had. Now i cant get 205*10.5 or even 11*200. I have tried up to 1.9v to the cpu and given the ram up to 3.3v and the nb up to 2.8v. I have memtested without problems but prime constantly fails after very little time or MOST of the time the pc just cuts out (turn of) totally in about 2 mins of prime. What can i do?

I have a tagan 480w psu so no problem there and can have my cpu at about 45c full load with the windows open (i have a aura 7+HSH) so i dont think thats the problem.

Maybe your cpu is burned out? It happens, but usualy with a LOT more voltage. Try loosending your ram timings, and maybe reseat your heatsink.

No, its a different kind of burned out. Some cpu's overclock less and less over time, and eventualy can even run stock speeds without higher voltage because they are dieing.

Back