• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

possible dumb question. what are the dimensions of an 80mm fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ares350

ok ok Im aware of how stupid that is. Im trying to design my evaporator setup, and Im drawing it out in autocad, I atleast need the footprint along with locations of mounting holes for a 80mm fan. I assume the size and mounting holes are standardized regaurdless of thickness or brand right?

ares350 said:
ok ok Im aware of how stupid that is. Im trying to design my evaporator setup, and Im drawing it out in autocad, I atleast need the footprint along with locations of mounting holes for a 80mm fan. I assume the size and mounting holes are standardized regaurdless of thickness or brand right?
yes they are. if you cant find a standard dimension i got a digital caliper i could measure it for you. but right now its out in my driveway because im changing my tie rods and u joints so it will be a little later when i check back.

awesome no rush. any help you can be is great. I have a radiator, the evaporator is more of a project to see if it can be done on a small scale effectively.

from center to center on the screws is about 72mm and the fan hole is like 77mm . the outer dimensions are 80mm. if you need more then that let me know

I printed those templates out from that link....they are not to scale...so don't know if they are of any help or not :(

buckbadly said:
I printed those templates out from that link....they are not to scale...so don't know if they are of any help or not :(
The problem is many programs try to be helpful and autoscale documents for you to print on a standard sheet of paper. To insure you get the right size you can right-click on the template and download the image blowhole-fantemplates.jpg. I had to use an image editor to resize it to 75% of original size. It printed how fine then.

blowhole-fantemplates.jpg

Pixel Dimension: 100%
Width: 678 pixels
Height: 831 pixels
Document Size: 100%
Width: 23.92 cm
Height: 29.32 cm

Pixel Dimension: 75%
Width: 509
Height: 623
Document Size: 75%
Width: 17.94 cm