• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Predator 360 reservoir add on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PRSRVFRSHNSS

I recently purchased a Predator 360 and would like to add a 50mm x 380mm cylinder reservoir to sit horizontally on top of my radiator. My build is in a Thermaltake P3 which I've oriented horizontally.

Obviously the predator already has a res and pump built into the end of the radiator. From what I've seen online the flow goes as follows for the Predator. Res > Rad > Pump > CPU Block > repeat.
Typically I see people recommending res > pump to be sure the pump is always saturated. In the case of this expandable AIO though the radiator must between the res and pump. Otherwise it would skip the res completely.

My question is would it be reasonable to use the drain and fill ports on the radiator to run a second reservoir and drain and fill through it? Essentially I'd like the flow to stay as is going into the res and to the rad as normal but use the fill plug as an additional out to the second cylindrical res sitting on the rad with the opposite end running out of the res into the fill plug on the opposite side of the rad. From what I understand it would be similar to a Y spitter. Res > Rad + Res > Res 2 > Rad. Not sure though whether it would reduce flow rate though since its as if I'm just increasing the reservoir size.

Attachments

• IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
I don't see why not given the Predator has the drain and fill ports. Be sure the res is before the pump and all should be well. Just remember you'll have to bleed the system while filling it.

I don't see why not given the Predator has the drain and fill ports. Be sure the res is before the pump and all should be well. Just remember you'll have to bleed the system while filling it.

Awesome, thank you. I figured it would work out.

As of yet I'm only cooling the cpu in the loop. I plan on expanding it to cool my sli 1070's also. Say I added the 2nd reservoir now and decided to expand to the 2 gpu's later in series. Would placing a Y splitter on the new inlet (originally fill/drain plug) to the radiator be ok? Pretty much feeding the radiator with the end of the loop (2nd card outlet) and the 2nd reservoir. Obviously I'd have to plug the original inlet of the built in res and let the radiator be fed by passing through built in res then the 2nd. If I'm visualizing it right the flow would be pump > cpu > gpu 1 > gpu 2 > rad > res 1 > res 2 > rad > repeat. Would it not potentially cool better by forcing coolant through the radiator from the end of the loop, through the 2 reservoir's and then back through the radiator again and finally the pump? Almost as if having 2 separate radiators since the coolant would be forced through it twice before starting the loop over.

Actually after I think about about it the res wouldn't get any pressure from the pump that way. It would just go through the radiator and right back out the pump. I guess end of the loop could to go into the 2nd res > original res > rad > and out the pump to restart the loop. Flowing through the reservoir's the opposite direction that the cpu only loop would go. I could however instead place a Y splitter directly off the outlet of the pump, run 1 to the cpu as normal and other to the original reservoir inlet. That would surely decrease flow speed but allow 50% of the coolant to run through the radiator a second time potentially cooling much better..

Last edited:
If I'm some what understanding, you want to either split the loop for an extra reservoir for more of a bling factor or you want to split up the loop to get some of those same fluids recirculate back into the rad for extra cooling?

To make it easier, give us a visual layout or blueprint of the loop. A list of your PC, loop components and what you'll be cooling and what you're planning on cooling down the road.

If I'm some what understanding, you want to either split the loop for an extra reservoir for more of a bling factor or you want to split up the loop to get some of those same fluids recirculate back into the rad for extra cooling?

To make it easier, give us a visual layout or blueprint of the loop. A list of your PC, loop components and what you'll be cooling and what you're planning on cooling down the road.
IMG_1346.JPG

Excuse my horrible drawings. Hope these are easy enough to understand.

Attachments

• IMG_1348.JPG
    IMG_1348.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 92
Back