• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Printer Install Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DJjothic

We have 3 computers in our house, one printer/scanner/copier/memmory card reader/etc. which is connected to my parents' computer. There computer has 394862384723948723947 spyware on it and runs slower then AOl 2.0. My brother is also hooked up to it, but he had someone else do it for him. All I want is for the printer to be connected to my computer. My brother's is done wirelessly through our router, but I don't think the router's information will help with this problem.

Please help.

to share the printer you will have to set up a smal netwrok . then share the printer on the network .

what os are you using ?. it makes a diference on what instructions i give you . by the way you will not be able to use the scanner over the netwrok . i am good at seting up small netwroks

OS system = XP there already is a small network between our computers. I was just thinking of using it for memmory card and printer, i really don't care about the scanner.

ok on the computer that has the printer go into the control panel : printer ; share the printer ; make sure you have the file an print sharaing turned on on your network .

on the other computers goto control panel ; printer : add a printer : change from local to network : scan for printer select printer;

this is asumeing that all computer are using the same OS.

any questions?

Back