• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems Overclocking - system hangs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NebiekinG

Registered
Hello,

Running a Xaser III with an Asus p4g8x-deluxe woking on a p4 3.06 on a 533 front bus. As you might know this motherbored has an amazing overclocking feture with alot of options. I have tried just increasing the CPU external Frequency to 166 from 133 and it still hung, I am not going to go any lower because there is no point.

Any ideas??
Everything will be helpful don't hasitate to replay!

166fsb x 23 = 3818MHz. While this would be a nice result, it won't happen just because it would serve your purposes. The too-high 23 multiplier of the 3.06 cpu prevents high fsb due to chip limitations in regard to the resultant clock rate.

You can try elevating the cpu voltage to ~1.7V, but I don't think there is a snowball's chance of it running 3818MHz. Something like a 150fsb would be a lot more realistic (3450MHz).

Alright it is working fine on 155, what do I need to add to make this box overclock to aroung 180 ?

Back