• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Full WC in Lian Li A05

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Stayed up till six, got a lot of work done.

Gold fan blades! - I made two fans like this, only took pic of 1
DSCF4366.jpg

Got my BFG 8800 GTS 512 OC
DSCF4364.jpg

Still need to put on MC21s
DSCF4365.jpg

Painted my apogee and mcw30 gold
DSCF4369.jpg

Hard drive array - these are by far the loudest part of the system
DSCF4368.jpg

Case, last coat of gloss black. Tomorrows I put on the gloss enamel.
DSCF4367.jpg

SCSI cable paint job looked bad, so I used some tygon r3400 to make a sleeve.
DSCF4371.jpg

I'm biking to the hardware store (3 miles away) tomorrow to get a new, unscratched sheet of acrylic and black craft paint for the metal edges.

Also I'm waiting on a 5 shipments -

OCZ reaper 2x1 from newegg
OCZ reaper 2x1 from zipzoomfly
Elbow fittings from petras
another gold grill from sidewinder
and white CFLs from xoxide

Right now I am just waiting ont eh elbow barbs for the radiator. They should get here by friday. Also waiting on 4x1gb OCZ reapers and my new PCIe wireless card

Taped off before painting
DSCF4374.jpg

Front
DSCF4375.jpg

Mobo in
DSCF4376.jpg

Cables in
DSCF4378.jpg

Tubing in
DSCF4380.jpg

Front
DSCF4381.jpg

DSCF4382.jpg

7/16" id

The res comes with some mounting hardware, I used the c-brackets and screws through eh back of the case

Pretty run of the mill, aside from the coolers

800mhz
4-4-4-15
warrantied up to 2.35v (thats why i bought it)

I'm sorry. Could you post pictures of this C-bracket you are using? Cause I'm having problems trying to find a nice spot for my Swiftech res aswell. I was hoping your ideas might spur my imagination.

Bump from an 07 thread, I know, but this project looks so nice that I'd love to see the finished version if you had a chance to finish.

Looks nice :) I like the tubing sleve job and the gold painted fan blades. The wires matching the tubes and inside of case makes it look very clean too.

EDIT: Oops! Didn't look at the dates.

I was waiting to see someone mod one of these A05 cases, and I must say, more room in there than it looks from online seller pics.

May have to give the A10b and RocketFish some company. :)

Since we're all posting on an old thread.. Are you going to do anything about the kinking you have in your tubing? Just a concern, however given that this build was from last year I'd say you probably already did something about that, lol.

Back