• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Mystique II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BioTuned

I’ve grown a bit tired of my current pc’s look and wanted to spice it up a little bit. The main purpose of this project is to upgrade the look and it’s cooling capacity.

Here is a list of what will be put into the project:

Lian Li V2000B Plus II w/ W-V2000B window
Asus P5N32-E SLI
Intel Q6600
Corsair Dominator XMS2 DDR-800 4x 1GB (4GB)
2x WD Raptor 150GB
2x BFG Water Cooled Version 8800GTX
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W – for GPUs and CPU
Rosewill Stallion Series 450w – For everything else
Asus 16x DVD-ROM
Samsung 18x DVD+/- RW
2x Sunbeam 4 Channel Rheobus Fan Controllers
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum

Liquid Cooling Components
2x Danger Den D5 Pump or One D5 and Swiftech MP650 Pump (I have all three)
Alphacool 120mm Fan mounted Res
Swiftech Micro Res
Black Ice Extreme 120.3
Black Ice GTX 120.3
DD TDX CPU Block
2x Pre-Installed DD 8800GTX Blocks
DD 680i Chipset Block
Tygon Tubing
Red UV Water Dye
Yellow UV Water Dye
PrimoChill Water Additives
6 Panaflo Fans (3 Ultra Speed and 3 High Speed)

Other Mystique’s Goodies
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G7 Gaming Mouse
Dell 2405FPW 24” LCD

Of course this all wouldn’t look good without a light show inside. I will be installing nothing but UV Cold Cathodes.

You might wonder why have I listed two PSU’s. When I first made a built I didn’t think I would need extra power to power everything up, but I was wrong. I had to take stuff out to make sure I had just enough power to run everything with 850w. Therefore, I went ahead and ordered a another power supply. Adding another power supply, and synchronize it with the main power supply is a lot cheaper than going out to buy a whole new 1200w psu.

I had also thought about a dedicated PSU for one of the graphic cards, and I had gone out and bought one, but that thing wasn’t able to handle the load from the overclocked video card and it died on me (the PSU).

pictures coming soon.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, its been a while i gotten chance to work on it. I've been a little busy lately. Doing a lot of running around to start up a new business. I'll start to work on this after this weekend then i'll start puting up some pictures for you to see. stay tuned.

Sorry fellas and ladies, but i don't think i will be able to finish this project any time soon. I've been very busy with the new location and it's taking a lot of time of mine to work on it. I come home too exhausted to work on it. Maybe next month when i get a small vacation from work.

Back