• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 Overclock Asus P5N-D 3.0ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coolduderyan07

Made a thread 3 years ago on the same subject, got absolutely no response so I figured I'd try once more.

I have a Asus P5ND 750i motherboard and I'm trying to overclock my
stock 2.4ghz Core 2 Quad 6600.

Ive tried absolutely everything but have never reached a stable voltage.

I just want 3.0ghz, that will keep my temperature bearable and the speed acceptable.

These settings had me running well for quite a while (3.2ghz), but crashed gaming. Prime 95 crashed it within 5 minutes:

FSB 1422
Mem 800
Vcore 1.475
Dram 2.1
Ht 1.42
NB 1.42
SB Auto

I could really use some help. Any advice is appreciated.

Sorry there was no response!!!

Like you know, that 750i board is not great for overclocking quad cores. BUT I see you did get to 3.2Ghz...

Im wondering now if b/c of the high CPU volts, that you are not seeing some CPU degredation.

Also, list the speed of your memory, complete system specs would be very helpful. And I would also go over the overclocking guide in my signature to help you.

Sorry there was no response!!!

Like you know, that 750i board is not great for overclocking quad cores. BUT I see you did get to 3.2Ghz...

Im wondering now if b/c of the high CPU volts, that you are not seeing some CPU degredation.

Also, list the speed of your memory, complete system specs would be very helpful. And I would also go over the overclocking guide in my signature to help you.

Thank you for the reply.

Memory:
A-DATA
240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM
4GB (2 x 2GB)
DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
5-5-5-18
1.8V

Other Specs:

650w Corsair PSU
Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512mb GPU
Hitachi 500GB HDD
some POS CD/DVD drive
a POS cpu cooler, but at least keeps me at 42c idle.

You may have killed your ram... Its specd out at 1.8v and you have been pumping 2.1 through it. Memtest the ram and see if it throws errors.

Idle temps do not really matter. What are your load temps (Prime 95 Small FFT for 15 minutes or so).

Dont forget to check out that guide. You have put way to much voltage through your memory, and the voltage in the CPU is way high for the clockspeed.

You may have killed your ram... Its specd out at 1.8v and you have been pumping 2.1 through it. Memtest the ram and see if it throws errors.

Idle temps do not really matter. What are your load temps (Prime 95 Small FFT for 15 minutes or so).

Dont forget to check out that guide. You have put way to much voltage through your memory, and the voltage in the CPU is way high for the clockspeed.

I only ran it for a few hours, and I brought it down to 1.9 within the first hour because I realized it was too much.

But Ive never done a memtest, might take me a while. I'll do an hour prime 95 test to see what my load is.

well, hopefully you didnt harm it. Memory is much more sensetive to voltage than a CPU. Report back! :)

well, hopefully you didnt harm it. Memory is much more sensetive to voltage than a CPU. Report back! :)

Ran 2 passes on both sticks of ram, so far so good. Might do the complete 7 later when I have time. Running Prime now. So far it's 60c on load.

EDIT: An hour later and It's peak is 65c, but remains around 60c

Last edited:
Back