• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quad GPU rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norcalsteve

Hey peeps,
Im a OC'er and a Folder... if ya couldnt tell ;-P

Need some advice from you smart electron guys... What specific PSU would a Folder use on an EVGA Classified Quad board, with intent to overclock the i7 920 to 4.2 and Shader Overclocks only on the 4x GTX285s??? keep in mind, a rig like this would be running FULL boar for 6 days straight (abouts) with only a day of down time for maintenence tasks then rinse and repeat... I see pleanty of SLI ready PSUs but i am sure there is not enough connectors for x4 cards... unless i am wrong and i would just have to use Nvidias supplied 12v 4pin adaptors for the last 1-2 cards.

I was thinking a 1000W Corsair HX or a Coolmax 1350W... thoughts?

Hey peeps,
Im a OC'er and a Folder... if ya couldnt tell ;-P

Need some advice from you smart electron guys... What specific PSU would a Folder use on an EVGA Classified Quad board, with intent to overclock the i7 920 to 4.2 and Shader Overclocks only on the 4x GTX285s??? keep in mind, a rig like this would be running FULL boar for 6 days straight (abouts) with only a day of down time for maintenence tasks then rinse and repeat... I see pleanty of SLI ready PSUs but i am sure there is not enough connectors for x4 cards... unless i am wrong and i would just have to use Nvidias supplied 12v 4pin adaptors for the last 1-2 cards.

I was thinking a 1000W Corsair HX or a Coolmax 1350W... thoughts?

you can set up this crap for folding but you can't use the proper grammar?

keep in mind, a rig like this would be running FULL boar for 6 days straight (abouts)

Shame on you Steve :D

now fix my folding stuff for me :D and if you build that rig before I can build mine I'm going to cry :D

Back