• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question for anyone w/ a A7V333 and Tbred XP2200+ or faster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxima88

I just ordered a XP2100+ tbred from newegg and would like to know if the tbred will work on my mobo. I've heard that the only multis for a tbred are 12.5x and below. Since the default multi is 13x, will it be available.

How about the vcore. What will the vcore be if I set it to 1.75v in the bios. I also heard that the default vcore is 1.6v.

Can someone please explain these things to me.

Yep, you xp2100 will work on Asus A7V333, but i'm not sure bout that multiplier.

Bout the Vcore on the A7V333, you can over voltage by enable the VID4, VID3 and left the VID2, VID2 along. Also, you must have the over voltage pin enable which called JEN pin from the manual.

By the over voltage, your default voltage from 1.700 to 18.50. You can also up to 2.2 voltage if you like.

Good luck and post your overclock result.

The multis 12.5 and lower are available (without any adjustments) on TBreds at XP2000 and below oh and the XP2600 (333 version) - all other Tbreds have the multis 13 and above available to the user. Should you want the lower multis then its a case of connecting the last L3 bridge. As for the overvolt I would suggest you reset the overvolt you have for your XP1600 and start at default of 1.6 and see what the actual is in asusprobe or whatever software you use before upping it.

OC, since I now use a 2-way toggle switch for my overvolt jumper, I can switch from overvolt to non-overvolt w/ a flip of a switch. It's so convenient this way. Since I have my jumpers set to 1.75v to 1.85v with the non overvolt setting, you suggest I set the jumpers to 1.6v to 1.7v to start and then work my way up the voltage ladder?

what you said is correct maxima.set the jumpers to the lowest setting before switching the overvolt jumper and work your way up.id use the bios as its easier tho.

the chip will be fine tho.might need to connect the 5th L3 to reach the lower multis tho.easily done.

it also handles my 2700 333fsb chip fine,when its not acting up.the mobo i mean.ill be doing a post on this now.

Back