• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet 80mm Fans at AxionTech $3.95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itshondo

80 X 25mm Coolermaster SAF-S84-E1 fans-

Specs-

Fan Dimension 80x80x25mm
Voltage (Volt) 12 VDC
Current (Ampere) 0.05 A (Max 0.14A)
Input Power (Watt) 0.60W (Max 1.68W)
Speed (R.P.M.) 1400 R.P.M.
Air Flow (CFM) 15.75 CFM
Air Pressure (mmH2O) 1.00 mmH2O
Noise (dB-A) 13 dB-A
Weight 80 g
Life (hour) 50,000 hours
Bearing Type SuperFlo
Speed Senser Yes

Other vendors have these with a price from $5.99 - $9.99- good for cases with multiple fans (my Antec has 4)-

http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?item=70257

Last edited:
Because they're cheap.

I bought a 6 pack of them a year ago, and love them. At 12v they are quiet enough for htpc's, but still move decent air. They're no actually 13db, but they're quiet.

You all bashing these fans don't understand how quiet they are. You're shoving $1.50 fans in our faces..."Oh theyre quiet...2600rpm 25dba!" Quiet is 1400rpm at 13dba.

Btw there are no 80mm fans at newegg for 1 dollar. Cheapest is a dollar fifty.

I got 10 of em for $9.90 shipped and another free newegg sticker :)

EDIT: Changed my order to to 15 of the ball bearing 80 mm fans. $20 Shipped
$1.39 each, reg price = $3 each plus shipping.

Last edited:
And they run at nearly 2x the rpm, meaning twice the whine. Try selling pc's with those fans, then comeback and tell me 28dba is quiet.

itshondo said:
I don't think you guys get it- Newegg sells the same fan for $6.99-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999071

I guarrantee those $1.00 Newegg fans are louder than 13dba - those Newegg fans are TWICE as loud.

26db is not loud at all when you have a tornado screaming at 56db...

and even without the tornado, 26db is not loud. my hard drives are louder than that.

That's not the point- these are the quietest 80mm fans I have found, and at a great price.

IMO these specs are much better....
SpecificationsModel
Brand MASSCOOL
Model FD08025B1M3/4
Spec
Type Fans
Fan Size 80 x 80 x 25mm
Compatibility Case
Bearing Type Ball
RPM 2700rpm +/- 10%
Air Flow 32.95cfm at 2700 RPM
Noise Level 26.5dBA
Power Connector 3 / 4 Pin
Color Black
Features
Features Quiet and wire coating

Those are not quiet. Those are moderate noise level fans. The fans he suggested aren't really meant for overclocking because they only more 15cfm. They are meant for computers for sale (EX: small business) or HTPC's where noise is an issue. Your customer isn't going to be happy when you deliver a computer thats 3x as noisy as his old dell.

Why are you guys derailing this thread? The intent of this thread is a Cyber Deal on a specific fan.

Fan discussions and attributes as well as use opinions are in the cooling section.

itshondo said:
Why are you guys derailing this thread? The intent of this thread is a Cyber Deal on a specific fan.

Fan discussions and attributes as well as use opinions are in the cooling section.

because it isnt a deal, that is why

Corbec said:
Those are not quiet. Those are moderate noise level fans. The fans he suggested aren't really meant for overclocking because they only more 15cfm. They are meant for computers for sale (EX: small business) or HTPC's where noise is an issue. Your customer isn't going to be happy when you deliver a computer thats 3x as noisy as his old dell.

and yes they are quiet, a hard drive will be louder than those things.

Find a better deal on this fan-

Threadjack........................................

Back