• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet 80mm Fans at AxionTech $3.95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Prices around the web-

SVC .....................$6.89
Newegg.................$6.99
Xoxide...................$6.99
Sundial Micro..........$5.70
Chief Value.............$7.49
JabTech.................$7.99

AxionTech..............$3.95

So this is not earth shattering, but still a good deal for the specific fan.

Aidenswarrior said:
and yes they are quiet, a hard drive will be louder than those things.

Yes they are louder, but they emit different frequencies. Air whooshing around is a lot more annoying than the hum of a hard drive. Hmm...whats more annoying, a mini vacuum next to your ear or the constant hum of a hard drive. Don't tell me hard drive seeking will just always drown out the fan noise, because its a totally different frequency as well. Not to mention seeking is only temporary and it is almost comforting in the sense that "Hey my PC is doing something at my request." Also, when you need your PC to be quiet, such as when you're watching a movie, the hard drive isnt seeking.

Just because a hard drive is louder than a fan doesn't mean you won't be able to hear the fan(s). They emit totally different frequencies and the hard drive frequency is very easy to tune out since it is soft "crisp" and high pitched. Fans however sound like a "woosh" and are very hard to tune out; they emit frequencies in a further range than hard drives (the motor itself and then the air wooshing around).

Don't say this isnt a deal just because you're not interested. A deal is defined as something that is significantly lower than usual price. This is around 60% of the normal price, which is definitly a good deal. You can stop crapping this thread now...go play with your vacuum aka tornado.

Corbec said:
Yes they are louder, but they emit different frequencies. Air whooshing around is a lot more annoying than the hum of a hard drive. Hmm...whats more annoying, a mini vacuum next to your ear or the constant hum of a hard drive. Don't tell me hard drive seeking will just always drown out the fan noise, because its a totally different frequency as well. Not to mention seeking is only temporary and it is almost comforting in the sense that "Hey my PC is doing something at my request." Also, when you need your PC to be quiet, such as when you're watching a movie, the hard drive isnt seeking.

Just because a hard drive is louder than a fan doesn't mean you won't be able to hear the fan(s). They emit totally different frequencies and the hard drive frequency is very easy to tune out since it is soft "crisp" and high pitched. Fans however sound like a "woosh" and are very hard to tune out; they emit frequencies in a further range than hard drives (the motor itself and then the air wooshing around).

Don't say this isnt a deal just because you're not interested. A deal is defined as something that is significantly lower than usual price. This is around 60% of the normal price, which is definitly a good deal. You can stop crapping this thread now...go play with your vacuum aka tornado.

this probably isn't the right place but i haven't a clue what is meant by an annoying 'woosh' sound. my own computer emits a very loud and annoying hum (most likely caused by my fans than my hdd for reasons i'll not list here) and there is an almost imperceptible 'whish' caused by moving air. is there a .wavs of the 'woosh'?

im going t osay the whoosh is the only thing you hear when you have quiet fans

Back