• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R.I.P. Monarch Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Newbie said:
I don't think it's RIP just yet...but from what I have read and heard they are headed for the end and should get there sooner or later...

Chapter 7 dissolution, here we come? (If Chap.7 is not dissolution, forgive me, I'm far more comfortable with/aware of/familiar with/screwed by Chapter 11.)

Yah, chapter 7 is for dissolution and chapter 11 is for reorganization. After the drama that they played out on the internet, I would hope that they do not try to file under chapter 7. After all, they published in a bunch of forums that they intend to fix the mess that they have made.

If they do decide to file under chapter 7, I would hope that the admins of each forum that has a piece of this files an amicus curiae brief to show what they are doing/have done.

Silversinksam said:
Some people just don't know about the problems, it's much the same for people that buy from companies like Buyaib.com aka ALPHA INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS, INC., they see the lowest prices at pricewatch and they do not know about Resellerratings.com, because if they looked them up, they would most likely avoid buying from them.

PS, Buyaib is #1 on my list of vendors to avoid, Monarch is on my top 5 vendors list of vendors to avoid due to their recent fall from grace.

Ok sorry to thread crap, but theres and Idea. SSS should make a sticky showing the companies in his good standings, and companies to look out for.

d94 said:
heh oh crap i completely forgot how much cash these basterds owe people :-/
$500 :(

sterling wont call me back. CC company here i come even though its months ago.

I don't live near monarch, but I've been there before. I will go and check it out for you guys tomorrow.

Someone at hardocp said there are people working there but they are not picking up their phone. (I called, no one picked up).

I'll report later on in the afternoon... hopefully I can get something useful :p

Kyle Bennett of HardOCP has also published a blurb on their front page about Monarch being in trouble too. He says that he asked them about Monarch's present situation and the answer they gave him was "I'll get back with you on an answer after consulting the owner and legal" or something of that nature. :rolleyes: I bet they don't have the stones to give him an answer too. But at least it's now out on the front page of a major review site about Monarch possibly closing the doors.

Personally, I think they are out to screw anyone and everyone they can before Christmas and then file chapter 7, but that is just my opinion and not based on any confirmed fact. But if you look at Monarch's website now at what they have for sale for systems, it looks like they have scraped anything they can together to make some crap systems to sell for $199.00 and get the max amount of money they can in their slimy greasy hands before shutting the doors.:mad:

I just feel so sorry for all the people these asshats are going to end up screwing out of their hard earned money.:-/

I really suggest that anyone considering ordering from Monarch read the forums and reviews on resellerratings.com.

I don't want to go overboard, but maybe this should stay near the top until the lights are finally out? Their site is still partially functional - they'll still take your money. It's not like this was a fly-by-night operation. This was a reputable vendor that went down the tubes fast. Someone who previously had a good experience with Monarch may not be aware of the current state of affairs.

Looking at current offerings on their web page, they are clearly not stocking the new parts, and are getting rid of old stock such as Sempron based systems for like 199.99 lol. None of the products say that they will ship within 24hr, most are 1 week.. Monarch is dead as far as I'm concerned.

Silversinksam said:
To: [email protected]
Subject: about resellerratings.com
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:20:54 -0400

and yes I do work at monarch and you can and you still suck

Wow... I'm shocked someone in customer service would put that in a business email to a customer. Childish.

they will be closed in 2-3 weeks from now

spread the word..i went to monarch computer and talked with the guys there. their front doors are locked and there is a sign on it saying that they are closed and out of business . !!! they have been in financial trouble for awhile. they will be out of their building in two or three weeks. they were bought by another company. THEY ARE STILL SELLING PRODUCTS !!!!!! DO NOT BUY !!!!! they are more than likely bankrupt and in trouble with corporate law and IRS..(that is my feeling last sentence not a fact but more than likely)

because the front door has a key lock and they have the key goofy. i waited til someone came out. its not rocket science. i saw them coming out of the door when i was pulling up. they went in as i was parking and i waited for them to come out again. here are some tips on walking, put one foot in front of the other and repeat often til you get from one place to another...good grief...

i didnt take a digital camera with me..wasnt expecting that. but i tell you what just order about $1000 worth of merchandise and tell me how its working out for you in a month...lol.....

hiremenow69 said:
spread the word..i went to monarch computer and talked with the guys there. their front doors are locked and there is a sign on it saying that they are closed and out of business . !!! they have been in financial trouble for awhile. they will be out of their building in two or three weeks. they were bought by another company. THEY ARE STILL SELLING PRODUCTS !!!!!! DO NOT BUY !!!!! they are more than likely bankrupt and in trouble with corporate law and IRS..(that is my feeling last sentence not a fact but more than likely)
hiremenow69 said:
i didnt take a digital camera with me..wasnt expecting that. but i tell you what just order about $1000 worth of merchandise and tell me how its working out for you in a month...lol.....

I would take this info with a grain of salt, this member just joined a few hours ago.

How could this person have seen the locked Monarch doors in Tucker Ga if he's from Tennessee??

While I'm not saying Monarch is or isn't closing it's doors, like I said, I'd take this information with a grain of salt, maybe Monarch has a new headquarters in Tennessee instead of 5242 Royal Woods Parkway Suite 160
Tucker, GA. :rolleyes:

hiremenow69 said:
who the hell said im from tennessee ?
id watch yourself bro SSS has more power than you care to know about, so you best explain yourself and not act like a smartass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back