• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rampage 2 in da house!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mgoode what settings are you using atm? I am about to start overclocking my setup and would like to know what voltages you are using for the CPU, NB and RAM (I have the same RAM I believe)

Seems a bit high on the voltage? I just used 1.28V BIOS (1.24V load) to get 3.75Ghz stable since I left this morning. That was without trying to lower anything so I bet I could get it alot lower, as the stock voltage on this chip was 1.1V

What Ram speed does that give? I enabled the XMP but due to the overclock it is only running with 1500Mhz :p

Yes but I refuse to run the cpu at anything less than 4.1 ghz :) and my chip needs more juice after 4.1 ghz. I am currently running 4.2ghz on the cpu with memory @ ddr3-1830

I see what you mean, I tried 1.35V with 4.2Ghz and BSoD on loading vista. I tried multiple ways, but I guess I need to up that and the QPI (which is still at 1.15V no problem so far).

What is the highest safe CPU / QPI voltages for these? I do not want to exceed the safety of them. Also, what QPI multi are you using for that? My QPI is running at something over 7Ghz now : \ at 4Ghz.

According to Intel 1.35 is the max qpi voltage I run mine between 1.37 and 1.41.

According to Gskill its 1.55 :

"The G. Skill Black Pi DDR3-2000 will run at 9-9-9-24 1N with 1.55v on the QPI/DRAM vtt.
Dear customer

All DDR3 2000 module requires QPI Voltage 1.55v to run.

You need to have good air flow on NB chipset. 1.35v is way to low though it is the recommend the safe voltage.

As long as NB chipset temp is not too hot, it is ok.

Thank you

GSKILL SUPPORT"

Cool. I am having trouble reaching 4.2Ghz Stable :(
Temps are fine, and memory runs no problem. What is the best configuration for 4.2Ghz with Bclock and multi, as in should the Bclock be towards 180 or lower with higher multi?

I am using 160x25 for 4.0Ghz 1.29Vcore for the moment. What other voltages did you set? There are a few others in my BIOS, of which I cannot remember the names. How did you manage such a high overclock on the RAM and manage to tighten the timings? I am so jealous :p

I'm jealous mgoode.:drool:

Cool. I am having trouble reaching 4.2Ghz Stable :(
Temps are fine, and memory runs no problem. What is the best configuration for 4.2Ghz with Bclock and multi, as in should the Bclock be towards 180 or lower with higher multi?

I am using 160x25 for 4.0Ghz 1.29Vcore for the moment. What other voltages did you set? There are a few others in my BIOS, of which I cannot remember the names. How did you manage such a high overclock on the RAM and manage to tighten the timings? I am so jealous :p

Thanks fellas, I am broke:)
Badbonji I am running 2 sets of this kit:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231238
The pi blacks usually have some headroom and newegg had a 30% off with paypal so I bought a second kit.

I run my cpu pll at default 1.81 but some chips need close to 1.89. I pretty much leave everything else at auto. lower bclk means lower volts for my chip I run 183 x 23 daily for now. I can prime like 4 hours @ 4.35ghz but then the board just reboots. I still havent figured that one out yet.

What about the IOH and ICH? I am not used to these new terms coming from an EVGA 780i, I really want 4.2Ghz stable for when I get my GTX295.

I guess I will spend tomorrow playing with Clock Skews and everything, I heard they can help alot when going for higher clocks. Maybe you need them now too?

Also, do you need to turn off the TDP limit or does that automatically turn off with this board? I cannot find it in the BIOS.

I hate the U.S. sometimes I paid more than that in £ for my memory as the government thought it would be fun to use VAT, which has dropped 2.5% saving us 2.13p per £...

Atm my base clock seems to work better at 160Mhz, keeping my memory at 1600Mhz with a 10x multiplier. It is annoying why you can't select one in between, such as the QPI only having 3 options. I have no idea why also my motherboard adds a multiplier to my clock with turbo off, I set 24x and it boots 25x ???

Badbonji,

You can turn TDP off in the cpu configuration section and also you can turn turbo off there as well. Thats why your multiplier is jumping from 24 to 25.

I am struggling to get the same memory overclock with 12gb as with 6gb so I will be tweaking some settings I haven't touched yet this week.

Here are my settings for 12 hour prime stable @ 4.2 with 6gb of ram.

Attachments

• 4.2 12 hour prime settings.jpg
    4.2 12 hour prime settings.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 280
Thanks, I managed to get 4.2Ghz with 1.38Vcore. You wake up at 5am o_O

This was around 160 bus speed, might see if 180 needs less volts but looking at yours it needs more. Also, not sure if memory will take it (don't need any more bandwitdh with triple channel anyway :p )

Thanks, I managed to get 4.2Ghz with 1.38Vcore. You wake up at 5am o_O

This was around 160 bus speed, might see if 180 needs less volts but looking at yours it needs more. Also, not sure if memory will take it (don't need any more bandwitdh with triple channel anyway :p )

Yes , I wake up at 5:00am every day:) Are you prime stable at 1.38 with 4.2? If so that's a sweet chip.

I managed to run prime for 8 hours before having to turn it off. Hasn't crashed so far so I think its stable. I might need to buy a better cooler, temps reached 75C after a while, but I guess it is not much of a problem when average temperatures I see are 35-50C

Edit: just noticed you were priming on my Birthday lol

Last edited:

Of course, I will join when I get the time, I just need to focus on exams which are coming in the next few weeks and also I plan on buying the GTX295 so that will help benchmark scores :D.

I was going to join before but I waited to get the i7 first :)

So mgoode what is your stable vcore now? I managed 1.39Vcore (1.36-1.37V load) for 4.3Ghz stable.

You do not need to upgrade right away, you could always wait until the new revision of X58's (possibly with Hydra) and the next i7's whatever their name will be.

Back